Author Topic: UI5 to UI7 what plugins can I carry over?  (Read 410 times)

Offline bucko

• Travel and Living in China
UI5 to UI7 what plugins can I carry over?
« on: August 19, 2017, 10:51:27 am »
So, has anyone actually listed which UI5 plugins will still work upgrading to UI7?

I have a Vera 3 that I need to replace. My Vera 3 has bite the dust. So I am getting a Vera Plus.

I understand plugins will need upgrading, but which ones are actually working and worth my time to carry over? Surely there is a list somewhere, but I cannot find one.
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: UI5 to UI7 what plugins can I carry over?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 09:02:58 pm »
I am not aware of a list but each plug-in I used in UI5 and UI6, worked in UI7 when I updated last year.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline bucko

• Travel and Living in China
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 09:22:40 am »
I find that encouraging to hear. I have no choice at this point but to jump in and step up to UI7.
Thank you
Vera 3, 40+ Fibaro relays & dimmers, IPUX cams, Elk M1 Gold, M1XEP, M1SP, XVOR, M1RB, Elk124, Monoprice HDMI matrix & 6 zone amp, Denon AVR, Panasonic A8000, BI DV,On Controls

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 06:07:03 am »
hi there,

It;s step 5 from here:

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1840699-to-veraedge-veraplus-from-ui5-on-veralite-vera-2-or-vera-3?b_id=712

[/size]Be sure that all your UI5 plugins are upgraded to the latest version. This is handled automatically by the UI. However for plugins that are displayed with a [/size]?*?[/size] you can run an HTTP command in a new tab of your browser to upgrade them to the latest version.
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]The command is:[/size]http://IP_address:3480/data_request?id=update_plugin&Plugin=Plugin_ID

where :●       IP_address is the local IP address of your Vera unit, and you?ll see it in the address bar of your browser after you log in from the portal and you?re at the same location with the Vera unit (same network)●       Plugin_ID is the number of the plugin and can be found by checking it from the APPS > My Apps section of the UI, by clicking on the name of the plugin and looking under the Plugin Control tab from the new pop-up window
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm