We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Vera 2 Locks up / Freezes  (Read 508 times)

Offline 68Mustang

Vera 2 Locks up / Freezes
« on: August 21, 2017, 08:53:50 am »
For a few months now I have been having issues with my Vera 2 locking up. I only notice it when my scene's do not run.  This happens on a daily or every other day basis. I've reached out to tech support, but have had very little success with them. They told me they were able to log in change the role on the unit, because it wasn't set to primary, and there were cache files that were stored on the unit so we had to eliminate them to have a better and a more responsive controller again. This did not help.

Any thoughts? is the unit just too old and I need a new one?

Offline 68Mustang

Re: Vera 2 Locks up / Freezes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 03:49:21 pm »
Thought I'd give an update. Tech Support emailed me again and said they were able to fix my issue.  No more explanation. I logged in and they reverted me back to UI4 without notifying me.  The whole process is a bit frustrating as it takes too long for them to respond to do any time of real trouble shooting.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
Re: Vera 2 Locks up / Freezes
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 05:43:32 am »
Hi there,

I've checked your existing case and will try shed some light on what happened.

Vera was in a crash state and specifically Vera 2 has UI4 restore partition. When the agent restored your unit, she wasn't aware that the unit was phased back to it's original restore partition firmware. She will clarify these things as soon as she gets into the office today.

We will also try to upgrade your unit back to UI5. Thank you for your understanding.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7