Author Topic: Frustrated with Vera Pus setup.  (Read 496 times)

Offline highcountryrider

Frustrated with Vera Pus setup.
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:47:55 am »
I?m on my second Vera Plus controller. I ended up returning the first after support declared it ?software defective?.

I was able to go through the setup process and add an Inovelli NZW36 Smart Outlet without difficulty, but was unable to add a GE ZW3004 wall dimmer. I unplugged the Vera from power and my LAN and moved it nearer to the wall switch with a longer ethernet cable, plugging the power back in. I was still unable to add the switch, so I reset the Z-wave network. Now I can?t get the smart plug to pair either. When I try to add either device, the Z-wave lite on the Vera blinks, but no pairing happens.

I read various posts about excluding devices, but cannot find any way to do that on the Vera interface.

Any help is appreciated.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Frustrated with Vera Pus setup.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:16:05 am »
Hello there,

GE ZW3004 wall dimmer should not have any issues as it;s a pretty common device. Most likely those devices have been previously paired and they still have Vera's old home id in their memory or another gateway. In which case if you put your Vera straight in include mode, those devices won't be detected.

As you mentioned, yes, you should be able to add those devices if you put Vera in exclude mode first, and exclude/erase any z-wave information from the GE ZW3004 wall dimmer. This can be done in two ways: 1) Devices -> Add devices->Generic Z-wave device ->Next-> Next -> Wait 3 seconds -> Retry. And you will see your dashboard, up top, on the blue bar "Add/Remove : Remove devices now..." You can now go the device (GE dimmer) and do the buttons sequence to exclude it, usually a few taps on the switch, but better check with that device manual. After it has been detected, you will see a message that says "Node detected" . Now you can put Vera in include mode again, and device should now be picked up.

Customer Care should be able to guide you over the phone as well, if the above info does not help.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline Priest

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:28:39 am »
As a side note for inclusion/exclusion range....

Since about 2 months in, I have not brought any devices up close to Vera when doing inclusion. I add every device sitting at my dining room table wired up to a cut electrical cord that i temporarily hook up to do inclusion and initial testing. Vera is in the basement 30' away at a 45? angle down and through a steel door.  I have never had an issue.  This is on an unmodified Vera3.

Offline highcountryrider

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 02:14:48 pm »
Thanks! That did the trick. I wasn't seeing the blue strip as instructions.