Author Topic: iPad Version  (Read 21080 times)

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
  • Da Man, Da Myth, Da Legend - in his own mind!
iPad Version
« on: December 16, 2010, 07:47:20 pm »
Matt or John - When do you guys think you will release a version for the iPad. I currently run SQ on the iPad but in 2x zoom the graphics are grainy.
My ZWave Network: Too friggin big to list.....

Offline SquareConnectMat

Re: iPad Version
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 06:36:17 pm »
No firm date yet. So many diffrent things to work on... so hard to choose which ones to do next <grin>

Mat

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 04:12:36 pm »
Awwww common Mat......I just found a nice wallmount iPad dock thats not 499 bucks.....

Those that are intersted check out: http://www.dockalot.com/

Offline FIST

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 07:21:25 pm »
I'd also like to add a name to those wishing for an iPad version!
Vera2 UI4 (1.1.1186), 3xVRI06, 1xVRI10, 4xVRS05, 3xVRS15, 2x VRF01, 5xVRP03, 2xTrane Therm, 2xAeon Labs Door/Window Sensor, 1xHSM100, 2xACT ZIR000, 1xForrezZ WWA-01, 2xGE 45613, 5x GE45606, 4xGE 45605, 2xGE 45604, 5xGE 45603, 4xGE 45602, 2xKwikset Deadbolts..

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:22:31 pm »
Jeez, they want $200+ for that dock and in glossy white????  Not to mention that the entire thing sits proud of the wall.  If that is the best option out there for the price, I think I'll consider Velcro (white), magnets, or build my own picture frame dock constructed out of wood moulding and a charge/sync cable.

I'm still waiting for the next generation of iPads, before I buy a used first generation ;) ...ok, yes I am frugal...

Thank you for the link, I am always looking for docking options.  Unfortunately, I vote against an iPad version for now(until I get one).   Although if SQ Remote is completely overhauled to be optimized for the new screen size, with all that extra real estate I could squeeze all of my buttons onto only 1 or 2 pads.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

Offline wseverino

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 04:38:42 pm »
Heck you should see the price of the Savant or Crestron Dock.....It's the same price as an iPad......

renato

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 07:26:10 pm »
please pardon my dumb question below. i remotely access V2 through my iphone via https://cp2.mios.com/mobile.
if i ever decide to get another gateway say for example from homeseer, will sq remote/sq blaster work with other home automation gateway. put it differently do sq remote and sq blaster only work with vera? until now i havent decided between ivera and sq remote; $30 is a lot of money for a retired person like me. i apologize for my stupidity.

Offline shady

• This monkey knows his Window Coverings!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 07:47:07 pm »
First off, if you want to control IR devices with SQ Blaster then you'll get the app for free when you buy the Blaster.

SQ Remote/Blaster is tied to Vera for home control and Z-Wave control.  Square Connect has and will port their remote app to work with other systems if the demand/price is high enough.  Chances are that Homeseer will probably continue to use thier own iPod app, but who knows there might be a relationship between them in the future. 

iVera works strictly with Vera and Vera only, while SQ Remote at least has the IR blaster side of things being independent.  Also Square Connect is always forward thinking and I believe they have some tricks up their sleeve for control sans Vera, but we'll have to see.  To summarize, if you are budget concious and not sure which HA system you'll be tied to, then you might wait and continue using the web interface.  If you know you want IR blaster functionality then get the Blaster/Remote App combo, the response time using SQ Remote is much faster than the current Vera web interface.
Vera3 1.5.346, Schlage (3)DB (2)Lever, Kwikset (1)Lever, RCS TZ43 Thermo, (2) Vizia RZI06-1LX 600W Dimmers, (17) Monster (Leviton) Dimmers (6) Monster (Leviton) IWC Scene Controllers (1) Etherrain-8, (3) HSM 100's (1)GE 3-Way set

renato

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 02:29:13 pm »
First off, if you want to control IR devices with SQ Blaster then you'll get the app for free when you buy the Blaster.

SQ Remote/Blaster is tied to Vera for home control and Z-Wave control.  Square Connect has and will port their remote app to work with other systems if the demand/price is high enough.  Chances are that Homeseer will probably continue to use thier own iPod app, but who knows there might be a relationship between them in the future. 

iVera works strictly with Vera and Vera only, while SQ Remote at least has the IR blaster side of things being independent.  Also Square Connect is always forward thinking and I believe they have some tricks up their sleeve for control sans Vera, but we'll have to see.  To summarize, if you are budget concious and not sure which HA system you'll be tied to, then you might wait and continue using the web interface.  If you know you want IR blaster functionality then get the Blaster/Remote App combo, the response time using SQ Remote is much faster than the current Vera web interface.

shady, thank you very much for your feedback. i think i will take your advice to continue using the web interface for a while. i am leaning towards buying the blaster with free sq remote rather than the ivera. anyway, i only have 6 zwave devices for now; so no rush for me.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 06:21:00 pm »
Heck you should see the price of the Savant or Crestron Dock.....It's the same price as an iPad......

For anyone looking for alternative mounting options...
    http://www.cocoontech.com/portal/lists/apple-ipad-mounts

Offline Maartenvt

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 03:58:41 pm »

Is there any update about a ipad version of the SQ remote. It should very cool to use my ipad with this remote with a real ipad version.

:-[
Vera Edge (Firmware rev. 1.7.2406), 1x Düwi INTERACT³ light switch, 1x  ZIR010 Motion Sensor.

Offline TimAlls

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 01:57:58 am »
I can add to the list that would love an IPad version. I purchased a Sonos multi zone music system for our yachts solely on the IPad interface....the best music interface I have seen!
Point being.....you will sell more hardware if you hurry and bring one to the market.
I hope this helps build the fire.
Regards
Tim Alls
AllSeas Yachts

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2011, 01:56:38 pm »
Hi Tim...

Appreciate the words of encouragement. They dont fall on deaf ears <grin>

Mat

Offline Maartenvt

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 11:39:46 am »
Hi Tim...

Appreciate the words of encouragement. They dont fall on deaf ears <grin>

Mat

SquareConnectMat, this is not really answer. are you working on it or not? and if yes, what wil be the time to market?
Vera Edge (Firmware rev. 1.7.2406), 1x Düwi INTERACT³ light switch, 1x  ZIR010 Motion Sensor.

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 01:13:06 pm »
@Maartenvt

Yes we are working on an iPad version. I cannot say when it will be ready for release. I can say that it is one of our top priorities.

Mat