Author Topic: Full Instructions: Setting up VeraSecure as a Home Security System  (Read 2485 times)

Offline JTG

Re: Full Instructions: Setting up VeraSecure as a Home Security System
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 11:43:16 am »
Sammy2,

So this is the chunk of code you were referring to.

Code: [Select]
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='7',Data='112 4 6 1 8'},1)
The important bits are Node='7', where you would substitute your node ID variable. My doorbell is node 7 and Data='112 4 6 1 8' where the 8 is the index value of the file system in the doorbell. When you plug the doorbell into a USB port connected to your computer, you will see the files stored in its memory, just like a flash drive. DO NOT SORT the directory as the index uses the files as they are written to the memory. Of note, ALL files are taken into consideration when indexing, but only sound files will produce any output. Simply put, if there are 4 files on the drive and the unsorted list looks like this:
ding.mp3
dong.mp3
readme.bat
beep.mp3
you would use the following code to play 'beep.mp3'
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node='7',Data='112 4 6 1 4'},1) assuming your device was node 7. *** Its been quite some time since I have looked at the files on the doorbell and there is a possibility that the file index may start at 0 versus 1, so a little experimentation may be required. The 4 in this case may need to be a 3.

You can also take the chunk of code and plug it into the "Test Luup code" text box under Apps > Develop apps. If everything is correct, you should hear something. On my doorbell I have less than 10 sounds but rarely use most. My door open annunciator get played dozens of times a day, but the alarm fault tone gets played one or twice a year. I would suggest keeping it as simple as possible and only upload necessary sound files. The docs say it can store 100+ sound files, but who wants to try to remember the index values of that many files.

That is the very first time I've seen it laid out so well. The Aeotech documentation on this is crap as is most documentation for Z-Wave devices. Where does one turn for more detailed information as I don't see it posted on here. I think I asked this question a year ago and didn't get any useful responses.

Good job documenting it KartCon. I first found the documentation in a purchaser's comments in the feedback for the doorbell on Amazon.com

Offline JTG

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 11:45:25 am »
Great tutorial , but same questions:
1 Why the luap code
2 why not zwave sensors
3 would a edge (or in my case a veralite) suffice for this setup

I will try to replicate sounds awesome

zwave sensors are documented around the Internet to be less reliable than the 2gig sensors. I also have first-hand experience, as the tilt sensor for my garage door is Zwave, and about once ever 3 months, I have to fight with it to properly report its status. In addition, the 2gig sensors have a much longer range, as they use their own wireless frequency, not the Zwave protocol.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:49:16 am by JTG »

Offline Habitjim

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 10:11:28 am »
JTG, nice posts. Have VeraPlus but thinking of upgrading to Verasecure. Interested in details regarding the cellular backup. I lose internet often and am away often so remote access when I am away is important. Do not want the professional monitoring but if I understand correctly you need an annual subscription to get the cellular backup.

When on cellular can I access and control the verasecure remotely.
Can I have the monitoring service not notify any fire or police without my being contacted and authorizing the response?

Offline nelson.vieira

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2018, 11:31:32 pm »

12. Set up the tablet

d.   Passcode protect the disarm and status buttons, and then the configuration
13. Test, Test, Test!!

First and foremost, thanks for writting this up!  Just got my vera the other day specifically for this.  The only thing I cant figure out is how to Passode protect the disarm and status buttons...where do you do this, in vera or imperihome, and more importantly how? :)