Author Topic: Full Instructions: Setting up VeraSecure as a Home Security System  (Read 5812 times)

Offline Habitjim

Re: Full Instructions: Setting up VeraSecure as a Home Security System
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 10:11:28 am »
JTG, nice posts. Have VeraPlus but thinking of upgrading to Verasecure. Interested in details regarding the cellular backup. I lose internet often and am away often so remote access when I am away is important. Do not want the professional monitoring but if I understand correctly you need an annual subscription to get the cellular backup.

When on cellular can I access and control the verasecure remotely.
Can I have the monitoring service not notify any fire or police without my being contacted and authorizing the response?

Offline nelson.vieira

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2018, 11:31:32 pm »

12. Set up the tablet

d.   Passcode protect the disarm and status buttons, and then the configuration
13. Test, Test, Test!!

First and foremost, thanks for writting this up!  Just got my vera the other day specifically for this.  The only thing I cant figure out is how to Passode protect the disarm and status buttons...where do you do this, in vera or imperihome, and more importantly how? :)

Offline Neight

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2018, 01:20:39 pm »
I recently purchased a VeraSecure with a 2Gig Pad 1 and set it up to work as an alarm system with the delays for switching modes that are built into the user interface.  I have learned there is no notifications that the system is arming or that an incorrect pin was entered without using the app which defeats the purpose of the keypad.  I'd like to do audio notifications, but cannot figure out how to do so using the delays built into the VeraSecure.  I tried using PLEG to trigger an action when a PIN index 1 is entered; however, it does not trigger and the condition constantly reads true.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can add audio notifications to my system? I just switched from SmartThings and really do not want to have to go back.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:22:26 pm by Neight »

Offline JTG

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2018, 11:18:09 am »
I added all the sound notifications using Aeon labs doorbell thing. Using a scene, there is an option for incorrect code from the pad, so it shouts out "no pizza for you!" if you enter an incorrect code. Then for a correct code entered, I have it and give the expected "BeepBeepBeep" and then hit the scene for disarming the system. (I have it set the mode to home, turn on a light, and adjust the thermostat setting).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 11:25:58 am by JTG »

Offline JTG

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2018, 11:21:26 am »
I recently purchased a VeraSecure with a 2Gig Pad 1 and set it up to work as an alarm system with the delays for switching modes that are built into the user interface.  I have learned there is no notifications that the system is arming or that an incorrect pin was entered without using the app which defeats the purpose of the keypad.  I'd like to do audio notifications, but cannot figure out how to do so using the delays built into the VeraSecure.  I tried using PLEG to trigger an action when a PIN index 1 is entered; however, it does not trigger and the condition constantly reads true.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can add audio notifications to my system? I just switched from SmartThings and really do not want to have to go back.

I set the password protections using ImperiHome. It was in the settings of the button, and don't forget to also go to the settings of the app to password protect changes, otherwise the setting can just be changed without a password.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2018, 01:10:55 pm »

I use a traditional DSC alarm system networked to my Vera via Envisalink and have full notifications, including audible speech notifications available to any mobile device outside my LAN or any tablet or mobile device locally. These notifications can be for the arming and disarming sequences and if a sensor is tripped. If you want full control, it is the way to go in my opinion and they are not that expensive and the big one here, they always work.

Offline Neight

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2018, 07:28:56 pm »
I am looking at the dsc route for my next house.  I just wish the  VeraSecure acted more like an alarm system the way they claimed it would.  I am having a really rough transition from smartthings to Vera.  I just don't understand why they support a keypad and market it as an alarm system when it doesn't have key features that should be part of every alarm system.  I have contacted support about this and the only responses I have gotten are repeatedly being told what vera cannot do instead of helping me find a solution.