Author Topic: Feature Request: Fail Device if 24 hours and No Updates  (Read 75 times)

Offline MSW

Feature Request: Fail Device if 24 hours and No Updates
« on: September 02, 2017, 01:07:00 pm »
I've twice now had issues where I configured the plugin to use a weather station only to find that after X months, that weather station is gone.  I figure this out because I have a day or two where the system doesn't work, and this is because the temperature doesn't change when there are no updates so it just sticks with whatever the last was.  It would be incredibly helpful if the device could show as problematic (or send some kind of alert) in a situation where a weather station selected is no longer available.  E.g. if the temperature doesn't change for 24 hours or something like that.

thanks!

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Feature Request: Fail Device if 24 hours and No Updates
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 10:54:05 am »
A possible solution is to program PLEG to compare the readings and send you that alert.  Temperature should always change over the course of 24 hours. So maybe you take a 4 am reading and compare it to a 2 pm reading.  If equal, send you an alert. Or add a third reading, like 9 pm. If all 3 are equal, send you an alert. You may be able to do this with a scene but I suspect it will take some LUA.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.