Author Topic: Vera supports central scenes?  (Read 466 times)

Offline dzmiller

Vera supports central scenes?
« on: September 02, 2017, 03:54:37 pm »
I just installed the newer GoControl dimmer (WD500Z5-1). I get the following attached options. Is this central scenes?

Offline dzmiller

Re: Vera supports central scenes?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 07:07:05 pm »
The switches also seem to have instant status. I've only tested it remotely, but switch activation shows up within a coupe of seconds.

The gen4 Nortek brands switches (Linear/Gocontrol/Evolve) did not provide anything remotely like instant status.

Not bad at all for ~$34 in the U.S.

Central Scenes also reduces the number of scene controllers needed.

Offline adamb

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 09:49:58 pm »
Can you post what device type and device files are set to enable the Central Scene functionality?  i have Homeseer dimmers / switches and am wondering if I can use those settings to make my devices work too.

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 10:12:39 pm »
I configured it as a generic zwave device, but Vera recognized the exact model.

D_GoControl_WallMountedDimmer.json

I think you will probably have to wait for Vera to get to the Homeseer device. They are likely more interested in doing GoControl first, considering the Nortek ownership in Vera Controls.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2017, 08:45:57 am »
Vera, does support Central Scene, for compatible and pre-integrated devices. Ex: Nodon and Remotec remotes.

I have checked this with our R&D and while currently WD500Z5-1 is not integrated with CS enabled, it will make it;s way into the firmware most probably in v7.24(last quarter)
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2017, 09:25:26 am »
Vera, does support Central Scene, for compatible and pre-integrated devices. Ex: Nodon and Remotec remotes.

I have checked this with our R&D and while currently WD500Z5-1 is not integrated with CS enabled, it will make it;s way into the firmware most probably in v7.24(last quarter)

I installed about 20 WD500Z5 last week and multitap works fine.  For example, the switch at the top of the basement stairs that powers a single lamp is used to control all the lights in the basement with press-hold. The trades who were questioned these switches are now impressed.

The scene controllers, WT00Z5, is not enabled by Vera. Perhaps this is the mixup.

I also have about 8 WT00Z5 scene controllers installed. The owners are fine with waiting for these deives to be implemented by Vera, as I explained that they were better off using z-wave plus devices. The multitap on the dimmers does decrease the need for scene controllers.

WD500Z5 also has instant status. Perhaps not officially, but switch changes show up immediately in Vera. The previous generation Nortek switches did not do this (GoControl/Linear/Evolve).

Edit: I should add that I have not verified that all the possible tap setting on WD500Z5 work correctly today with Vera. I don't believe having many tap scenes per dimmer is practical for most homeowners. I just programmed press-hold.

Homeowners can remember that a simple press controls the local light circuit, but that a press hold provides a second function. I find this increased functionality very useful.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:42:56 am by dzmiller »

Offline legend99

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 12:06:08 pm »
Interesting. I installed a new WD500Z5, but can not find that option. Where is it?

Thanks

I just installed the newer GoControl dimmer (WD500Z5-1). I get the following attached options. Is this central scenes?

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 05:14:05 pm »
Interesting. I installed a new WD500Z5, but can not find that option. Where is it?

Thanks

Under "Select Scenes for Device Buttons"