Author Topic: Zooz Toggle Switch ZEN23 VER 2.0 ?  (Read 397 times)

Offline kigmatzomat

Zooz Toggle Switch ZEN23 VER 2.0 ?
« on: September 02, 2017, 09:57:27 pm »
The smartest house has these on sale for $25.50 in their labor day sale.  They claim to be able to use traditional add-on switches in 3 and 4 way configurations.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Offline abarajame

Re: Zooz Toggle Switch ZEN23 VER 2.0 ?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2017, 09:27:07 am »
I just installed a couple, one of each type in a 3 way setting. The dimmer still has the long fade out effect I dislike (and I haven't find a way to reduce it), but they both work great.
I had a little trouble with the faceplates they are a hair bit bigger than the regular paddle switches. I had to file 1mm from the bottom of the hole so I don't have to push it too hard. Also on the dimmer, the extra switch only has on/off capabilities as expected, so it will only turn off and on (to the latest level)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:31:16 am by abarajame »

Offline gibby

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 04:08:07 pm »
I just installed 2 of these, one in a single switch application and one in a 3-way.

The 3-way was working correctly when installed(I could turn on/off from the zwave switch or the dumb switch) I turned breaker off, put all back together, now it is acting weird, I have to have the dumb switch in a certain position for the zwave switch to work.

Also they are quite wide and stick out a little bit more, I put 2 of these in a 4 gang box and could not have them side-by-side like the switches they were replacing. Also for pairing, the instructions that came in the boxes, said to toggle 3 times(on-off-on), that is incorrect, you have to toggle on 3 times. Their website has the correct pairing instructions.

Offline gibby

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 04:09:57 pm »
I haven't shaved anything of them yet, so the wall plate does not sit flush against the wall, but that is on the to-do list.

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 12:30:15 am »
Just started installing them and I went straight to. 4 way set up. It works fine with one slave switch but not the other. I am wondering if they are Daisy chained together,as there is only one traveler on the master.

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 05:04:09 pm »
I found it works ok with regular 3 way switches but is not happy if the lights are in wired in between the switches,as compared to on the end. Most of my lighting is set up as power-switch-light-switch-switch so they aren't as useful for me as I hoped.

If you have trouble getting them to pair, set the switch off and click up 3 times during pairing. As in on-on-on, not on-off-on-off-on.