Author Topic: Ecolink Zwave Garage Door Tilt Sensor (TILT-ZWAVE2) issue  (Read 293 times)

Offline whreckxsz

Ecolink Zwave Garage Door Tilt Sensor (TILT-ZWAVE2) issue
« on: September 07, 2017, 10:37:06 pm »
Hi,

newbie here. hope somebody can help me out. I was able to add this zwave device to veraplus (other zwave device). I see 2 icons, 1 door/window sensor and the other one is the zwave logo. it works for a while when i attach to my garage door (tripped/untripped). that's all I want to do. My problem is when after a few sec/min/hrs, i go open/close my garage door the zwave device does not send notification anymore but once i lift it from it's location. I get an email notification that it's being tampered. Any idea why this is so?

thanks in advance!

Offline ceefin

Re: Ecolink Zwave Garage Door Tilt Sensor (TILT-ZWAVE2) issue
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:33 am »
I don't have any answers to your question, but I am having problems of my own with this sensor recently and I wanted to throw in some emotional support.

I managed to get mine to work well for a few days, but now it just says it's tripped and won't update. Something must have changed system-wise - this thing used to work great!

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
Re: Ecolink Zwave Garage Door Tilt Sensor (TILT-ZWAVE2) issue
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 08:01:07 am »
This looks to be some kind of range/ routing issues. Not enough repeater nodes if device is too far, or something changed in the z-wave network,(new added/removed hardwired devices ?) that can affect the route.

Don't hesitate to log a ticket with our support team (see my signature), for a technical analysis of your setup.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm