Author Topic: Ecolink Zwave Garage Door Tilt Sensor (TILT-ZWAVE2) issue  (Read 423 times)

Offline whreckxsz

Ecolink Zwave Garage Door Tilt Sensor (TILT-ZWAVE2) issue
« on: September 07, 2017, 10:37:06 pm »
Hi,

newbie here. hope somebody can help me out. I was able to add this zwave device to veraplus (other zwave device). I see 2 icons, 1 door/window sensor and the other one is the zwave logo. it works for a while when i attach to my garage door (tripped/untripped). that's all I want to do. My problem is when after a few sec/min/hrs, i go open/close my garage door the zwave device does not send notification anymore but once i lift it from it's location. I get an email notification that it's being tampered. Any idea why this is so?

thanks in advance!

Offline ceefin

Re: Ecolink Zwave Garage Door Tilt Sensor (TILT-ZWAVE2) issue
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:33 am »
I don't have any answers to your question, but I am having problems of my own with this sensor recently and I wanted to throw in some emotional support.

I managed to get mine to work well for a few days, but now it just says it's tripped and won't update. Something must have changed system-wise - this thing used to work great!

Offline Sorin M.

• Administrator
  • Master Member
    • getvera.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 08:01:07 am »
This looks to be some kind of range/ routing issues. Not enough repeater nodes if device is too far, or something changed in the z-wave network,(new added/removed hardwired devices ?) that can affect the route.

Don't hesitate to log a ticket with our support team (see my signature), for a technical analysis of your setup.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline melsman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:14:41 pm »
Has there been any resolution to this question?  I switched from the regular z-wave model of the Ecolink tilt switch to the newer Ecolink z-wave plus model, mostly because of the gold-plated tilt sensor on the plus model. (My older sensors were becoming unreliable in tilt.)

However, just as the OP states, this new z-wave plus model generates two different devices; one a door-type sensor, and the other a genericIO1 device - neither works worth a crap.

As a note - the generic zwave device is the parent of the door sensor device.  However, a tilt (or trigger) gives no indication on the screen - i.e. no red indicator on the door sensor icon in UI7. The generic IO1 device has an Off and ON button function on the UI7 screen as well.  But does nothing when you select either option.  (Thus, my comment about neither works worth a crap.)

Any ideas? I'm going to let them sit and stew for a couple of days and see if they can collect themselves enough to figure out what they truly do.

Melsman

Offline Jamr

• 007 Systems
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 07:12:53 pm »
The Telguard and Linear units work great. We install loads of these.
If you choose the Telguard, you will never have to worry about batteries again.
https://www.007systems.com/garage-door-control.html

Offline melsman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:02:06 am »
Thanks for the recommendation, Jamr, but I'm still looking for an answer to my question.  My existing Ecolink tilt sensors have worked well - and simple to set up.  But the tilt sensor component is getting old and I want a corrosion-resistant gold-plated sensor that comes in the new tilt sensor.  Unfortunately, the new z-wave plus tilt sensor generates two devices and neither works.  Ecolink's support has tried, but to no avail.

Next up - MCV support.

Melsman