Author Topic: DSC Alarm Reset  (Read 373 times)

Offline doinitsideways

DSC Alarm Reset
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:46:16 pm »
Hi,

I have the DSC app all up and running. I use it to set my vera home/away/night modes. So if I arm stay it flicks Vera into night mode, arm away is away mode and disarm from either flicks Vera to home mode.

The issue I?m having is when I accidentally trip the alarm, say I get home and don?t disarm in time and the alarm goes off, when I finally get to the control panel and enter my code and the alarm disarms, it isn?t sending the same disarm message to my scene for Vera to flick from away/night into home mode...

Is there another trigger from the Dsc alarm app i need to set a scene for to set Vera to home mode on disarm after alarm?

Cheers,
JB

Offline Jamr

Re: DSC Alarm Reset
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:38:47 am »
If I understand your situation correctly, it seems you want your Vera to go into home mode from night or away mode, when the alarm is disarmed.
I am assuming you have a network interface like the EVL installed and working and I am assuming you have the house modes plugin installed and running.

A simple scene can do this. Just create a scene that uses the alarm disarmed as the trigger and the house mode set to Home as the action.
Make sure this scene will work for you in all situations, like if any other process disarms your alarm, do you really want your Vera to go into Home mode?

If you only want this to happen after an alarm trigger, you may have to look into an If/Then add on like PLEG.
I hope this helps you.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 05:24:59 pm »
Agreed - if you tell us how you are doing it today, we can advise on how to change.  In your scenario DetailedArmMode would go from Armed to Entry Delay to Alarm Active to Ready/Not Ready, I think.
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline doinitsideways

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 07:32:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply guys...

I already have scenes running for the control as setout below. I am using an EVL4 on a DSC 1864 and a Vera Edge with UI7.

Scene 1
Trigger: DSC Arm Away
Action: House Modes Plugin Away

Scene 2
Trigger: DSC Arm Home
Action: House Modes Plugin Night

Scene 3
Trigger: DSC Disarmed
Action: House Modes Plugin Home

Scene 4
Trigger: DSC Alarm Active
Action: Turn all external lights on

But sometimes i forget to disarm or dont disarm quick enough when i get home and the alarm goes off, which is fine, but after i disarm the alarm, the trigger in Scene 3 above is not setting vera back to home mode, it stays in either away or night, whichever mode i wa son when i accientally tripped the alarm.

Does this clarify???

Cheers,
JB

Offline wilme2

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 04:42:26 pm »

Does this clarify???

Cheers,
JB

The triggers you listed aren't exactly how they would be built in the scene.  The scene creation wizard gives you the option of building the trigger on either Armed state, Armed detailed state, or Alarm Active (plus A PIN Code is entered and Vendor Status Code).  So we need to see how you are determining DSC Disarmed, as well as the others, to see if there is a problem with your logic (assuming these are the only four states of an alarm system)...

Essentially the issue is that to determine Armed Stay versus Armed Away you have to get down to Armed detail state, and there you have to content with a lot of other statuses, like Not Ready, Ready, Exit Delay, etc.

If you have logging, you might trip the alarm and see what the state is when you disarm it while it is active.  If I happen to set mine off in the next few days I will check...  I don't think I have done so recently enough for it to still be on my syslog server...

« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 04:44:38 pm by wilme2 »
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline wilme2

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 04:45:45 pm »
BTW, you ought to move this discussion to the DSC Alarm system plug-in sub-forum...