Author Topic: DMZ for Xbox 360  (Read 2771 times)

Offline anglegaga

DMZ for Xbox 360
« on: December 20, 2010, 02:52:12 am »
I've searched throughout the mail group and have not really found any successful configurations to allow an Xbox 360 to consider itself on an Open NAT or DMZ.  Currently I have the ports that are specified on Microsofts website which allows the console to consider itself behind a "Moderate NAT."  I realize that getting UPnP support is pretty much out of the question.  However, has anyone been able to configure a second ethernet jack (like what is present on a net4801) to allow for an Xbox or any other device on this second network jack to see the WAN, but be in a DMZ.  I don't care if it can see the LAN or not.

I understand this could be a loaded question, and I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me regarding this.

-----------------
ps3 wireless controller
nintendo ds r4
r4i-sdhc

Offline txpatriot

• Sr. Newbie
Re: DMZ for Xbox 360
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 02:13:00 pm »
This one was causing me fits too.   I had my DSL modem connecting and providing some services, and a router on the inside of that providing other services.   Things were supposed to connect because of UPNP, but wouldn't.   My issues were causing me not to be able to connect to Xbox Live.

To the best of my knowledge, only one IP address can be set as a DMZ (with every router I've seen).

Eventually I ditched the DSL modem, and bought an all in one (not AT&T's), where it was the modem/router combined, so I avoided the problem of different levels, and the NAT problem went away and Xbox Live and Vera both worked as advertised.