Author Topic: Vera as secondary controller for vivint  (Read 101 times)

Offline Ghostm

• Sr. Newbie
Vera as secondary controller for vivint
« on: October 05, 2017, 11:52:55 pm »
I use vivint but I would like to to incorporate my z wave lights which work with both vivint and vera. I currently have them connected to vivint but want to set the vera plus as a secondary so the remote application i use (simple control) which works with vera can still access the lights.

Would this be possible? Essentially i just need to transfer the z wave stuff from vivint into the vera as a secondary.

Offline Ghostm

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Vera as secondary controller for vivint
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 04:31:46 pm »
To maybe generate a wider net of responses has anyone used vera as a secondary controller in a similar fashion?

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Vera as secondary controller for vivint
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 07:04:44 pm »
I was going to reply to this earlier but hesitated to as I had no idea what vivint was.
Subsequently, I see that is a subscription service that uses z-wave, so I doubt that there would be any compatibility between the two units.
We can't get Vera and HomeSeer to talk to each other let alone  subscription box.
It may be that Vera Controls make the Vivint box, but as I said before I know nothing about your system.
I think your best bet would be to look to a 3rd. party app such as Imperihome

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors plus a Z-UNO or 2.