Author Topic: Fibaro Door/Window sensor non-functional after battery change  (Read 324 times)

Offline biswasg

Fibaro Door/Window sensor non-functional after battery change
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:13:23 pm »
I have 4 Fibaro door/window sensors installed on windows and doors. They worked fine for a year or so and then the batteries ran out.

My problems started after changing the batteries with fresh ones. None of them were detected by the Vera lite z-wave network after many tries of waking the sensors.

I then left them like that (non-functioning). After around a year, I again tried with another fresh battery, but this time the sensor seemed dead. No light came up with new batteries.

Has any one else faced a similar situation?Can the sensors be dead, if so is there a way to find out or revive them?

Offline Matsohl

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Fibaro Door/Window sensor non-functional after battery change
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:41:57 pm »
I have 4 Fibaro door/window sensors installed on windows and doors. They worked fine for a year or so and then the batteries ran out.

My problems started after changing the batteries with fresh ones. None of them were detected by the Vera lite z-wave network after many tries of waking the sensors.

I then left them like that (non-functioning). After around a year, I again tried with another fresh battery, but this time the sensor seemed dead. No light came up with new batteries.

Has any one else faced a similar situation?Can the sensors be dead, if so is there a way to find out or revive them?

Yes, I'm in a similar situation. I changed the battery when the door was closed and afterward I have read in forums that this can cause the sensor to be bricked. I can not retrive it again even with a new battery  :(

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:22:38 am »
The same thing happened to all three of my Fibaro door/window sensors over the space of two or three years.  I disposed of them, having learned my lesson about battery-powered Z-Wave devices.  I will be replacing them with proper wired reed switches connected to my security system, and expose them to Vera from there.

Offline michaelhinchey

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 10:52:43 pm »
I wonder if this happens to the fibaro sensor 2 or just the 1?  Anyone know.  Maybe I should check before my return to amazon runs out.  LOL

Offline PrincessCleavage

Fibaro Door/Window sensor non-functional after battery change
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:14:49 am »
I cant find a fibaro door and window section so I will ask the question here.
How would I add an alert if garage door is open for more than 30mins while in night mode but of door closes within the 30 mins do not send alert?
This can probably be done with some code but I am pretty raw to coding in vera.
Thanks

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 07:09:44 pm »
I have a similar setup using the Tiimer plug-in and a couple of scenes. When the door is opened, a scene sets a 30 minute timer. When the door closes, it cancels the timer.  When the timer counts to 0, I get a Vera Alert the garage door is still open and resets the timer. So I get the alert every 30 minutes until the door is closed.  I have a similar Alert for the front door if left open for more than a minute. Neither looks at the time of day, however.

PLEG can do it similarly, and I will eventually moved this to PLEG just not enough time.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline PrincessCleavage

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 05:20:53 am »
I have a similar setup using the Tiimer plug-in and a couple of scenes. When the door is opened, a scene sets a 30 minute timer. When the door closes, it cancels the timer.  When the timer counts to 0, I get a Vera Alert the garage door is still open and resets the timer. So I get the alert every 30 minutes until the door is closed.  I have a similar Alert for the front door if left open for more than a minute. Neither looks at the time of day, however.

PLEG can do it similarly, and I will eventually moved this to PLEG just not enough time.
I pretty much setup the same scenes except I missed the reset for constant 30min alert if the garage is not closed so thanks for pointing that out.
I also have a Sonos One and using the Sonos plugin I send text to speech using to following lup code
luup.call_action("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:Sonos1", "Say",
                 {Text="The Garage door is open", Language="en", Volume=60},
                 176)