Author Topic: Fibaro Door/Window sensor non-functional after battery change  (Read 122 times)

Offline biswasg

Fibaro Door/Window sensor non-functional after battery change
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:13:23 pm »
I have 4 Fibaro door/window sensors installed on windows and doors. They worked fine for a year or so and then the batteries ran out.

My problems started after changing the batteries with fresh ones. None of them were detected by the Vera lite z-wave network after many tries of waking the sensors.

I then left them like that (non-functioning). After around a year, I again tried with another fresh battery, but this time the sensor seemed dead. No light came up with new batteries.

Has any one else faced a similar situation?Can the sensors be dead, if so is there a way to find out or revive them?

Offline Matsohl

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Fibaro Door/Window sensor non-functional after battery change
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 02:41:57 pm »
I have 4 Fibaro door/window sensors installed on windows and doors. They worked fine for a year or so and then the batteries ran out.

My problems started after changing the batteries with fresh ones. None of them were detected by the Vera lite z-wave network after many tries of waking the sensors.

I then left them like that (non-functioning). After around a year, I again tried with another fresh battery, but this time the sensor seemed dead. No light came up with new batteries.

Has any one else faced a similar situation?Can the sensors be dead, if so is there a way to find out or revive them?

Yes, I'm in a similar situation. I changed the battery when the door was closed and afterward I have read in forums that this can cause the sensor to be bricked. I can not retrive it again even with a new battery  :(

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 08:22:38 am »
The same thing happened to all three of my Fibaro door/window sensors over the space of two or three years.  I disposed of them, having learned my lesson about battery-powered Z-Wave devices.  I will be replacing them with proper wired reed switches connected to my security system, and expose them to Vera from there.

Offline michaelhinchey

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 10:52:43 pm »
I wonder if this happens to the fibaro sensor 2 or just the 1?  Anyone know.  Maybe I should check before my return to amazon runs out.  LOL