Author Topic: Vera?s in two different countries  (Read 403 times)

Offline EricwithVera

• Sr. Newbie
Vera?s in two different countries
« on: September 12, 2017, 10:10:31 am »
Hello,

I have one Vera Edge in Spain, the other in the Netherlands. If I select my location to be Spanish, on my Spanish Vera, the one in the Netherlands then gets this location as well, and vice versa. I switch between the Vera?s using the top right switch button.

Dusk, dawn, lighting conditions etc are quite different from these locations, strange that I can not seem to be able to set two different locations, for two different Vera?s (on one single account). Anybody aware of this problem?

Thks in advance!

Offline icare

Re: Vera?s in two different countries
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 11:41:48 am »
Same here! France and the Netherlands. Previous communication with support ended in the usual manner:"aware of the issue, will be dealt with in due course". In conclusion, no priority at Vera again to solve this long standing anomaly!

Offline opel-oleg

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 11:43:47 am »
Everything is working.   :)  The location is set in the menu: Settings> Location

o-ops ::)
Played .... The country really became one. However, the coordinates and time are the ones that have been set for each controller
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 12:24:24 pm by opel-oleg »

Offline Matsohl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 04:23:18 pm »
Oooh, this was new for me.
I was planning for installing a second unit in my secondary house in France. What are the implication besides the lighting conditions?

Offline mcv.bogdanf

• Steering Box Fanclub
  • Administrator
  • Did you change the oil ?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »
This is a bug that we are aware of . Our development team is working on fixing it ASAP.

Offline opel-oleg

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 10:57:15 pm »
I'm still very upset that controllers became two, and the number of available SMS remained the same  :-\

Offline opel-oleg

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 11:20:28 pm »
What are the implication besides the lighting conditions?

I have two controllers 100 kilometers apart. I'm looking at my favorite plugin "Heliotrope" and see the difference in the behavior of the sun :) In my three-month experience, everything works correctly.

Moreover, yesterday I specifically drove one of my controllers to Spain, and the second left in Moscow. After all the reboots, both controllers remained in their places. Coordinates have not changed. And, as far as I can tell, the time of sunset / sunset remains correct. And only the flag of the state was changed and the names of the city were lost ...

At some point, it seemed to me that the time in Spain is not very correctly displayed. The difference is one hour less than expected. "Moved" to a neighboring city, and everything fell into place. Apparently, the "seasonal translation of arrows" influences ... :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:30:26 pm by opel-oleg »

Offline EricwithVera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 03:20:24 am »
Oooh, this was new for me.
I was planning for installing a second unit in my secondary house in France. What are the implication besides the lighting conditions?

Hey, everything works perfectly for the rest. Funny thing is (and has nothing to do with Vera I guess) that I have Amazon Echo Dots in both locations, and my voice commands said in Spain make the lights in the Netherlands turn on an off as well. Hilarious, but not to the amusement of the people in the other house hahahaha.

In the desktop login, you can switch between locations. In the (Android) app, you need to log out in order to see the other location. Not very handy. For the rest I?ve not encountered any problems!

Eric

Offline EricwithVera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 03:33:00 am »
An addition, or rather correction, after checking regarding what Opel-Oleg said:

The location in the Netherlands is giving the correct lat long location, the only thing which is wrong is the flag (Spanish in my case), the region and the city location (both blank). The Time Zone is correct, but that might be because they in the same time zone.....
The Spanish location is giving everything correctly, including Region and city. So, in a nutshell, it DOES GIVE THE CORRECT LOCATION SETTINGS, it?s only the flag which is not correct, at least in my case....

Hope this helps the Vera development team....?

Online kwieto

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 04:31:17 am »
In the (Android) app, you need to log out in order to see the other location. Not very handy.

You can go to the Menu>Settings>Select location in the Android App, then you see list of your controllers and can choose another one.
Still not very handy, but better than loging out and in again.

Interesting is that on Windows Phone you have an option in top section of the dashboard, as in the web interface. I don't remember how it is for iOS.

Offline EricwithVera

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 08:42:02 am »
In the (Android) app, you need to log out in order to see the other location. Not very handy.

You can go to the Menu>Settings>Select location in the Android App, then you see list of your controllers and can choose another one.
Still not very handy, but better than loging out and in again.

...and so you learn smthg every day... Thks!