Author Topic: issue with cloning function in workflows - V 1.91.2099  (Read 332 times)

Offline pls90

issue with cloning function in workflows - V 1.91.2099
« on: September 13, 2017, 03:26:57 am »
amg, thank you for implementing this!
The table to easily change devices makes that brilliantly usable.

On my initial testing I have found this:

When you clone one workflow and choose new devices via the exchange table the cloned workflow has the same workflow id as the original one. On the cloned workflow the newly chosen device is not there, still the old one.
Changing the name on the new workflow alters the name of the original one (probably to do with identical ids)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 10:37:27 am by pls90 »

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: issue with cloning function in workflows - V 1.91.2098
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 05:10:52 am »
amg, thank you for implementing this!
The table to easily change devices makes that brilliantly usable.

On my initial testing I have found this:

When you clone one workflow and choose new devices via the exchange table the cloned workflow has the same workflow id as the original one. On the cloned workflow the newly chosen device is not there, still the old one.
Changing the name on the new workflow alters the name of the original one (probably to do with identical ids)

oups, I will release a hotfix in version 2099. that is the hotfix =>
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:20:01 am by amg0 »

Offline pls90

Re: issue with cloning function in workflows - V 1.91.2098
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 08:34:24 am »
new release has solved all the mentioned issues, thank you!

Offline pls90

Re: issue with cloning function in workflows - V 1.91.2099
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:37:06 am »
I did some more testing.
As stated earlier the initially reported issues are gone.
I came across one other thing.
Cloning a workflow and subsequent saving of all workflows leads to a duplicate state id warning between the new workflow and a different one that was not cloned (see attachment).
The debug function gets rid of it, but I wonder how 2 not in any way related workflows can cause that problem.

Online amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: issue with cloning function in workflows - V 1.91.2099
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:52:15 am »
I did some more testing.
As stated earlier the initially reported issues are gone.
I came across one other thing.
Cloning a workflow and subsequent saving of all workflows leads to a duplicate state id warning between the new workflow and a different one that was not cloned (see attachment).
The debug function gets rid of it, but I wonder how 2 not in any way related workflows can cause that problem.

independant issue not linked to that new functionality. because you have lots of workflow , the "save all" is big. it seems vera has some issue when somebody saves data into device variable inside a device "handler" ( which is what ALTUI is  )at the same time the engine is doing something ( potentially a reload for instance ), this happens sometimes, even without cloning any workflow. the debug is the only way I am aware of to avoid that