Author Topic: When is the next release up?  (Read 630 times)

Offline huwu

• Beta Testers
When is the next release up?
« on: September 13, 2017, 10:38:21 am »
I'm one of those, who lost most of the sensors and a few switches by stepping into the upgrade-trap. I hear that downgrading is an option but also that the next version will fix this vexatious situation.

Downgrading has its cons, so waiting a few days or weeks is the preferred option.

Does anyone know how long we need to wait?
My Z-Wave:Vera3, VeraEdge, 4*Dimmer, 14*RollerShutter, 4*PlugIn,9*Binary, 8*SmokeSensor, 2*Remote, 1*Siren, 1*RangeExtender, 1*Sensor, 1*BatterySwitch. Devices from:Duewi, Merten, HomePro, Trickle, Everspring, Fibaro, Aeon, Vision and MiCasa Verde

Offline mvader

Re: When is the next release up?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 03:49:19 pm »
did you restore your backup?

Offline huwu

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 02:18:53 am »
did you restore your backup?

No, I didn't. Patiently, I wait...
My Z-Wave:Vera3, VeraEdge, 4*Dimmer, 14*RollerShutter, 4*PlugIn,9*Binary, 8*SmokeSensor, 2*Remote, 1*Siren, 1*RangeExtender, 1*Sensor, 1*BatterySwitch. Devices from:Duewi, Merten, HomePro, Trickle, Everspring, Fibaro, Aeon, Vision and MiCasa Verde

Offline markcm

• Sr. Newbie
Re: When is the next release
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 10:06:57 pm »
I just updated my vera edge to 1.7.3014 (upgrading has never been an issue for me before this) and it made a mess of things this time. Restoring my backup got most everything back to normal with a few glitches. After restoring and then rebooting it seems to be back to normal.

My post with details is here
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:26:07 pm by markcm »

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 08:43:51 pm »
Since I have a Vera 3 with limited memory, I typically do a a backup with z-wave, factory reset, update the firmware, and then restore form backup. This has been very successful for me.

I have not updated to the current firmware mainly because there are no benefits for my current setup and I have heard too many stories about disappearing devices.   
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.