Author Topic: few questions/issues  (Read 2710 times)

Offline MadMax1412

• Sr. Newbie
Re: few questions/issues
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 06:34:17 pm »
Just a heads up in case your servers are running hard....

My commands to Google Home are working (eg Vera is turning on or off the lights), but Google Home then responds with Vera Concierge isn't responding right now. Please try again later.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:10:51 pm by MadMax1412 »

Offline MadMax1412

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2018, 05:13:17 am »
Just a quick question/clarification

My home network was recently changed from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.178.x due to a new router.  I've got the Raspberry Pi connected to my new Wi-Fi and it's been given the new address etc and now when I go to https://<IP Address of Pi>:8989, I can connect.

I thought that I hadn't touched this since I had only a Google Home but now have a number of Google Home Minis and "Groups" which now appear on this page under the heading "Google Cast Devices".  I thought I had better click on "Update Vera Concierge Server Cloud" just to make sure everything worked ok.

This takes me to https://veraconcierge.appspot.com/web/Account and under "Associated Vera Controllers" it shows my Vera unit name, my account name and a Connectivity button.  When I click on this button, I get the message:

Can't talk to your local concierge server. Check the connectivity on your local Concierge Server

Am I getting that message because of "Google has temporarily removed the Concierge Agent!" or is it something I still need to do since the Raspberry Pi has a new IP address?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2018, 08:37:17 am »
@madmax.  The connectivity test button still works for me.  So, you are having another issue.  Unfortunately, I would only being throwing out wild guesses on how to fix but it sounds like the connectivity test is still looking for your old IP.  On mine, I had to tweak my firewall rules to point to my new internal IP address for VC.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline MadMax1412

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2018, 06:40:21 am »
Hi

Any answer to my question I posed in the last paragraph? I don't think it's my firewall as I didn't have to do anything when the IP address of the Raspberry pi was 192.168.1.x so not sure what else I need to do now it's IP address is 192.168.178.x

EDIT:

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the security certificate.

When I go to <IP Address of Pi>:8989, it shows (Not Secure) https://(IP Address of PI):8989/

I have clicked on the UnSecureWeb tab and downloaded the certificate and installed it as both "current user" and "Local" machine" in the following locations: Trusted Root Certification Authorities and also the sub-directory "Registry".

My web browser (chrome) still shows as unsecure.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 05:22:24 am by MadMax1412 »

Offline RichieB

« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2018, 06:26:43 am »
personally, I don't let it bother me ... as long as its local I don't really care I haven't even installed the certificate, just my opinion, maybe irrelevant but