Author Topic: Veramate not the same after IOS 11 update  (Read 972 times)

Offline agoodman82

Re: Veramate not the same after IOS 11 update
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 10:24:42 pm »
That was the first thing I tried to do was remove the button and re-add it. It still has the same issue where my sensor states aren't being displayed properly. And these were ALL working perfectly pre-iOS 11. I have an iPhone 8 so this isn't necessarily an iPhone X issue rather I think something with the updated OS is interfering with the icon state changes.

VeraMate: Are you still able to work on this app at all and address any of these iOS 11 issues (icon state changes, geo-fencing, google drive backup...)? I know you're a busy guy but I feel like none of us have heard from you in quite sometime now....

Offline NET1

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2017, 01:10:09 pm »
iPhone X w/ 11.1.2 - app crashes after the splash screen 100% of the time. Can't get to buttons/scenes/anything.

Offline jimshaughn

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 11:54:58 am »
I have an iPhone 6 and the geofencing is so slow it is unusable.  It worked perfectly before IOS 11.  My wife didn't upgrade her 6 and her geofencing still works as it always has.  The problem therefore is with IOS 11 (or VeraMate's use of it). 

The main reason I use VeraMate is because of the geofencing.  My wife and I like Vera to behave differently when one of us is home and not the other.  You don't have that flexibility with Vera's app, but VeraMate supports individual geofence alerts.   

If I can find a way with luup code to identify which phone is at home, I'll drop VeraMate and use the Vera app.  I'm sure there is a way to do this.  I just don't have the time to research it.

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 08:49:24 pm »
I have been using iPhone Locator for years.  Geofencing, whether on VeraMate or Vera Mobile, never worked for me very well.

I use VeraMate to monitor Vera since I am able to program it to display just what I want, including virtual switches that only display when on or off, depending on what I want the switch to say (like display when either one is home and not when either of us is away, and display when No One Is Home and when Camera's are armed but otherwise the switch is not displayed).
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.1017, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.