Author Topic: Fibaro button vera support...?  (Read 16817 times)

Offline BrianLBeaton

Re: Fibaro button vera support...?
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2017, 06:52:27 pm »
I added a Fibaro Button (FGPB-101) to a Vera Edge running firmware version 1.7.3014.  A screenshot of the device in Vera's UI7 is attached.  A screenshot of the same device in ALT UI is also attached.

I am able to assign a Vera scene or a House Mode to each of the button push actions (i.e. Tap, Double Tap, tap 3 times, tap 4 times and tap 5 times) which is probably what the staff at Vera Contol intends for most users of the Fibaro button to do.

I almost always use PLEG instead of Vera user-definied scenes.  Unfortunately PLEG (with PLC Version 8.19) displays a Trigger Error when I attempt to create a trigger based upon Fibaro button taps (a screen shot of the Trigger Description error is also attached for convenience).  I have been able to work around this issue by using MultiSwitch with one user-defined Vera scene for each button push action.  Each Vera scene turns on a unique MultiSwitch button.  PLEG is then setup to trigger based upon which MultiSwitch button is turned on.  Elegant?  Certainly not.  Its a "Rube Goldberg" solution but it does the job for me.

Offline otakup0pe

• Sr. Newbie
    • Jonathan Freedman
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2017, 04:23:43 am »
Adding this out of the box seemed to work for me. The only side effect is that I seem to be getting in-ui alerts every time it triggers. No email notifications though, so at least there is that.

Offline wilme2

« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2017, 12:29:20 pm »
I added a Fibaro Button (FGPB-101) to a Vera Edge running firmware version 1.7.3014.  A screenshot of the device in Vera's UI7 is attached.  A screenshot of the same device in ALT UI is also attached.

I am able to assign a Vera scene or a House Mode to each of the button push actions (i.e. Tap, Double Tap, tap 3 times, tap 4 times and tap 5 times) which is probably what the staff at Vera Contol intends for most users of the Fibaro button to do.

I almost always use PLEG instead of Vera user-definied scenes.  Unfortunately PLEG (with PLC Version 8.19) displays a Trigger Error when I attempt to create a trigger based upon Fibaro button taps (a screen shot of the Trigger Description error is also attached for convenience).  I have been able to work around this issue by using MultiSwitch with one user-defined Vera scene for each button push action.  Each Vera scene turns on a unique MultiSwitch button.  PLEG is then setup to trigger based upon which MultiSwitch button is turned on.  Elegant?  Certainly not.  Its a "Rube Goldberg" solution but it does the job for me.

Did you post this in the PLEG sub-forum?  I am interested in getting this resolved.  Would be a pre-requisite to my finally committing to UI7...
Long Live UI5!

Offline BrianLBeaton

« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2017, 01:28:52 pm »
@Wilme2.
No, I did not post this in the PLEG forum as I did not want to double post.

Offline mjbok

« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2017, 10:10:11 am »
New firmware appears to support this, but got stuck at "getting manufacture"...  Plus the firmware hides half my devices.  I got two for about $30 each, but for now I have two worthless plastic things.

Offline Chrisfraser05

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2017, 10:31:28 am »
I get stuck at that too.

Also mine changes a few of my rgb bulb's to normal dimmable etc wrecking my logic

Offline cityboy

« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2017, 06:17:19 am »
I'm also getting stuck at "getting manufacture" and "failed at exchanging keys"

Offline wetteus

« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2017, 12:53:31 am »
Any solutions? I just tried to add The Button but I'm stuck on "ERROR adding the node. Cannot setup security scheme."

It would be great if anyone has a solution on this issue.

Offline John M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2017, 04:09:48 am »
Above two errors are generic pairing issues, usually caused by the fact that the device is not woken up when asked, or too far away from Vera during the pairing phase. Doing an exclusion first, will usually help as well.

Fibaro button is fully integrated in the last official build, by manufacturer specs.
John.M. ▾ Senior Customer Care Advocate
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #99 on: September 25, 2017, 07:16:15 am »
Above two errors are generic pairing issues, usually caused by the fact that the device is not woken up when asked, or too far away from Vera during the pairing phase. Doing an exclusion first, will usually help as well.

Fibaro button is fully integrated in the last official build, by manufacturer specs.

not quite as "fullly" as I d like. Triple click ( and above , the button has 5 clicks support ) does not seem to work. tripple click triggers the single click scene for me.
more over, I have to press the button once ( kind of wake up ) and then clicking on it works