Author Topic: Vera Plus 1.7.3183 firmware - Suddenly timed scenes start but don't end.  (Read 500 times)

Offline chuck1026

Last night the evening lights scene started but never ended so the lights were still on this morning. Then the plants watering scene started and never stopped watering! I rebooted the VP but I don't know the root cause. Neither scene was interrupted by me working on the Vera (no manual reloads, etc).

This is a bit discouraging. Anyone have any thoughts on it? I guess I need to monitor Vera for a while.

***UPDATE***
Resolved. Most likely cause was several Intermatic devices from 2012 stopped responding. Once I deleted the devices (and now replaced them with Leviton), I am back on 1.7.3183. No more issues.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 02:53:20 pm by chuck1026 »
Suffering with UI7 / VeraPlus.... Hoping to turn a corner soon.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
Re: Vera Plus 1.7.3183 firmware - Suddenly timed scenes start but don't end.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 08:13:20 am »
You said no manual reboots ...
Vera can reload for other reasons ... have you checked your log files ?

PLEG actions (similar to scenes) do not have this kind of problem when Vera restarts in the middle of scenes with delayed actions.

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 07:17:03 pm »
It seems I have a couple of old Intermatic devices that stopped responding after a brief power outage. I can't seem to exclude or just remove them. When I remove them, the magically re-appear after a couple of minutes!

Not sure why or how or what is going on with Vera this time. ???

Offline BOFH

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 07:24:58 pm »
I have some of those as well. They seem not always like power outages. The last few times I was able to bring them back to life by disconnecting the power to them for a few minutes. I just flipped the breaker they were on...
Vera3 UI5 UI7 Edge Plus
Trane TZEMT400AB32 | Schlage BE369 FE599 | GE 45601 45602 45603 45604 45606 45609 45631 | Intermatic HA01C HA03C HA05C HA07C CA600 CA3000 | Aeon DSC06106 | Telguard GDC1 | Foscam FI8910W FI8905W FI9821W | D-Link 930L | Wanscam JW0011 | ZModo ZPIBH13W

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:43:42 am »
I can't figure it out, so I reverted to 7.0.21 (1.7.2935) today. I then reloaded my backup network file.

Testing at moment.

With Beta I couldn't delete devices from Vera at all. I also didn't get the blue background status notes on top of the dashboard.
With the rollback, the deleted devices stay deleted and the blue status banners returned.

1st tested timed scene isn't terminating. I'm going to edit the scene, remove and re-add the timed ending as in the past that has corrected this type of issue. I have several timed scenes so maybe I need a "PLEG for Dummies" book? Seriously, I think I do.

*Update*
After cleaning up the delay timers on two scenes they are working as expected.

I'm not sure if any Vera Tech Support is viewing this but the Beta software seems to have the two issues I described above. Sorry I can't offer more detail. I wonder if the banners are disabled for beta intentionally? If so, then the two bugs I found are scene delays incomplete and inability to delete "dead" devices.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 10:00:08 am by chuck1026 »

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 08:40:43 pm »
I can't figure it out, so I reverted to 7.0.21 (1.7.2935) today. I then reloaded my backup network file.

Testing at moment.

With Beta I couldn't delete devices from Vera at all. I also didn't get the blue background status notes on top of the dashboard.
With the rollback, the deleted devices stay deleted and the blue status banners returned.

1st tested timed scene isn't terminating. I'm going to edit the scene, remove and re-add the timed ending as in the past that has corrected this type of issue. I have several timed scenes so maybe I need a "PLEG for Dummies" book? Seriously, I think I do.

*Update*
After cleaning up the delay timers on two scenes they are working as expected.

I'm not sure if any Vera Tech Support is viewing this but the Beta software seems to have the two issues I described above. Sorry I can't offer more detail. I wonder if the banners are disabled for beta intentionally? If so, then the two bugs I found are scene delays incomplete and inability to delete "dead" devices.
Ok.... The notification banners now can be toggled on. It's in settings of the beta. The scenes were timing out because of my dead intermatic devices bogged down Vera.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk