Author Topic: Everspring ST814 temp/humidity sensor problems  (Read 162 times)

Offline AndreasE

Everspring ST814 temp/humidity sensor problems
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:41:29 pm »
I've got som troubles with my Everspring ST814 temp/humidity sensors.

Each of these sensors have a parent and two children for temperature and humidity respectively. If I go to the advanced tab on the parent and check the "CurrentTemperature" and "CurrentLevel" I get the same values as the ones that are shown on the sensors. However, the children does not show the same values for temperature and humidity, and thus my dashboard on Vera constantly displays wrong temperatures and wrong humidities. Sometimes these children are updated on a random (?) basis.

What can be wrong here?

Offline dzmiller

Re: Everspring ST814 temp/humidity sensor problems
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 07:27:53 pm »
The temp and humidity level variables have never been accurate, in my experience.

The child devices are accurate and updated to Vera based on the wakeup schedule you set in configuration.

This device is primarily intended to directly control an associated device based upon the values (temp or humidity) set on the device itself. I have had this device successfully control a basement humidifier for years.

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 11:41:52 am »
Can this unit directly control two different units for temp and humidity, or will both triggers trigger the same nodes (group 2)?

Offline Zoro

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 02:03:38 pm »
The temp and humidity level variables have never been accurate, in my experience.

The child devices are accurate and updated to Vera based on the wakeup schedule you set in configuration.

This device is primarily intended to directly control an associated device based upon the values (temp or humidity) set on the device itself. I have had this device successfully control a basement humidifier for years.

Hi

I've used the ST814 for 2-3 years (actually 6 of them). The values have been reasonably accurate over that time period. Suggest you un-pair and re-pai the devices.

Z

Offline dzmiller

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 04:55:53 pm »
Can this unit directly control two different units for temp and humidity, or will both triggers trigger the same nodes (group 2)?

A vera scene can control as many devices as you want. For direct association you could check the units documentation to see if more than one can be used.

I use scenes instead of association because I want to change trigger values without touching the ST-814

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 07:20:48 am »
Yes, I guess thats what i'll have to do too.

My hope was that the everspring would be able to control the oven and fan even if the controller was offline, and that i could use the controller to adjust the setpoints (i.e. lower temp at night)..