Author Topic: HSM200 woes  (Read 82 times)

Offline ando1

HSM200 woes
« on: October 07, 2017, 09:11:57 am »
After watching the recent video posted by HS on the HSM200 I purchased one.I normally do not but HS devices as they are expensive, but I thought I would try it was optimized to be used by HS so it must be good, right? WRONG! I have tried multiple times to get the motion working correctly on this device and I still cannot get it. I am having issues with including it as it will add the notorious "Sigma" device which I read was a sign that the inclusion partially failed. After reading some of the issues other were having, I saw that there was a firmware update, so I thought "Oh, that should fix it!". Well I cannot get this darn thing to update the firmware to save my life! Every time I try it looks like it is updating, but after about 5 minutes, I get a message stating "Unable to receive. May Recover". I have been struggling with the HSM200 for 2 days now and I am beyond frustrated. I am hoping someone here can offer some help in how to get this thing going, but I fear I have wasted my money. This experience has left me with a big question if I will ever buy another HS device.

/end rant

Thanks,
Andy

Offline shallowearth

Re: HSM200 woes
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 12:36:35 pm »
This is the same as the EZMultiply device and should work fine with Vera.  Maybe you have a bad device?  I have two of the generic EZMultiply version and works fine.
You do have to install the EZMultiply Color plug in afterwards to get color selection working.  All features are functional to my knowledge.  When you include it you should end up with multiple child devices.

How are you trying to update the firmware.  Vera doesn't support that, that I know of.  If you are using the HS trial to update it and you are getting an error that points to a bad device.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:39:28 pm by shallowearth »