Author Topic: DSC 1832 and Envisalink  (Read 271 times)

Offline SharpTJ

• Sr. Newbie
DSC 1832 and Envisalink
« on: October 08, 2017, 06:48:32 pm »
So my DSC system has worked flawlessly with Vera for the past 2 years.  All of the sudden, the Vera device will no longer arm/disarm the system. Vera is not showing any errors in communication.

When I arm the system through the local Envislink interface, it will arm in Stay mode, without the motion sensors (I don't recall if it has always done that or not).  Prior to today, I have been able to arm (stay AND away) and disarm the system from the Vera local page or Imperihome.

It has been so long since I have fooled with this, I am not sure where to start.  I don't even remember how I created the device that controls Envisalink honestly

Offline kigmatzomat

Re: DSC 1832 and Envisalink
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:22:08 am »
Odds are you installed the DSC plug in. I would go to that apps sub forum for help.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/board,44.0.html

Offline SharpTJ

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:41:36 am »
I.m sure I installed the plugin, but best I recall it only created the the "DSC Alarm Panel" device and I had to do something else to the "Main House Partition" device.  When I go to the app details, the only device it has listed as created is the "DSC Alarm Panel" device.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
    • RTS Services Plugins
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 09:47:39 am »
In the settings for the DSC Alarm panel you need to configure the IP for the Envisalink and tell it how many partitions, and which zones are door and motion sensors.
But if you are accessing the Envisalink directly, than Vera can't access it. That will only allow one connection at a time. If you are using in from a Web browser when Vera starts up, your Vera will not be able to access it.

Offline SharpTJ

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 09:51:01 pm »
Yeah... I have had it set up and working for the last 3 years or so.  IT has stopped working and that is what I am trying to fix without removing and re-installing the DCS app.