Author Topic: Schlage partially not working, and shows up as incorrect device  (Read 240 times)

Offline Aziwoqpd

Schlage partially not working, and shows up as incorrect device
« on: October 09, 2017, 01:27:55 pm »
I have two Schlage BE469NX door locks.
After a firmware upgrade, one of them disappeared from the list of devices in getvera.com (but it still worked via the app).
I tried unpairing it (successful) and re-pairing it. During the re-pair, vera insisted that it was not a Schlage but rather was a Poly-Control Danalock. Not sure what that's about. The pairing seemed to work, and the device appears in the list, but I can't control it.

Anytime I try to use it, I just get an error: "Please wait! Getting secure classes"
It seems to be partially working, as I have a scene that triggers when the door is opened manually and *that* is working. But i can't unlock the door from the app.

Any ideas?

Offline fleetmack

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Schlage partially not working, and shows up as incorrect device
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 01:10:30 pm »
I am having the same "waiting for secure classes" message; never gotten that before and I've had up to 3 other locks working on this thing forever, and currently have 1 other on the same veralite working!

Good call on the scene, I'm going to see if I can get a scene to trigger if I manually unlock the door, that'll prove that the z-wave chip in the lock works!

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 03:58:06 pm »
You may need to bring the Vera closer to the lock, Schlage's don't like being routed through other nodes when doing an inclusion, and may be causing your hang up.

Offline Sorin M.

• Administrator
  • Master Member
    • getvera.com
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:46:47 am »
Other users make some good suggestions. Schlage locks work fine with Vera, no issues whatsoever.

This error occurs when the secure classes cannot be exchanged at inclusion. This is a mandatory info Vera requires for all the locks.

Locks sometimes fail at send secure classes either if they are too far away for inclusion, batteries on the lock are low(pairing requires significant more power and some batteries might fail), and finally the z-wave chip on the lock has some issues.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline fleetmack

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 12:33:58 pm »
Not to hijack this thread, but I guess I am doing exactly that - what if (and this is the case for me) you have the Vera hard-wired to both power & ethernet and about 1 foot from the lock, and still keep getting the secure classes after several attempts of exclusion/inclusion? Is there a way to reset the z-wave chip on the deadbolt? This thing has been fine for years, but is not working since I moved to my new house and tried to "rebuild" my z-wave network from scratch.