Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.23  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Spanners

• https://www.livehouseautomation.com.au
Re: UI7 ▾ Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.23
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 09:37:11 pm »
Anyone else lost the blue message bar that appeared on top of the web interface since this upgrade?

Offline RogerO

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 10:27:09 pm »
Read the release notes, by design and configurable.

Offline Spanners

• https://www.livehouseautomation.com.au
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 11:19:10 pm »
Read the release notes, by design and configurable.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I was trying to add some devices and without the blue bar giving me notifications of whether pairing mode was enabled etc was challenging.

Successfully updated in VeraSecure and VeraPlus - no issues encountered so far.

Offline ranneman

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2017, 02:04:54 am »
Can confirm to have an issue on the Sonos plugin. It is just a small thing but still worries me. Tokao discovered the discovery patch function in Sonos plugin not to be working anymore.
As I have "reserved" IP addresses for my Sonos it is not a big thing but still...
Would love to pay for some plugins that really matter to me, like this one, and get a guarantee that it remains working with updates. Although developers build great and amazing plugins they sometime leave and that makes this platform behind with non maintained plugins. (using Vera for 5 years and happy user but this part keeps worrying me)
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM

Offline mcv.bogdanf

• Steering Box Fanclub
  • Administrator
  • Did you change the oil ?
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2017, 10:56:25 am »
Major fail. Controller unresponsive after upgrade. Power-cycle ended up in unresponsive mode. All leds solid except internet and service. Did a reset (6times within 6 seconds) and the controller was back online but without any devices obviously. Applied the backup I took just before upgrading and it is back in unresponsive state where internet and service is blinking. Tried several backups but all Ned up in the same state. Support helped me to downgrade to previous firmware. Same result when restoring backup. The support  has really tried to help me but are unable to retire my controller with all devices. Anyone having any suggestions? Or do I have to add all my devices once again?

/Mats

Your issue was resolved by our Customer Care department. You have received an email today from us.

Offline michaelhinchey

Re: Upgrade 1.7.3232 and 1.7.987
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 11:47:18 am »
i noticed my alexa integration seems much faster with this update.
withing just 2-3 seconds my actions are executed.
I noticed this as well

Offline jsauser11

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 01:28:13 pm »
Upgrade of VeraPlus to 1.7.3232 was and is a total nightmare for me.
After 20 minutes and no change in the web upgrade page, did a power cycle of the unit. When it came back online, was presenting setup screen for a new controller. Tried restoring several backups with no success, and finally asked support to help. They were able to restore an older backup, but after waiting 4 hours for system to stabilize, multiple sensors were non-functional. Had to un-pair and re-pair multiple LED bulbs, door sensors, keypads, and lamp modules. Naturally, luup custom code has to be edited for all the device Alt ID changes. Looks like it is going to be a two day job to get the system back and running. Really disappointed, and very much questioning my judgement to invest in this controller and z-wave in general. I came from the X-10 world where you expected the system to act like a toy, but this also appears to be the fate of this system as well. Don't know if I can continue to trust my home security to such an unstable syste.

Offline cranb

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 04:12:16 pm »
Upgrade on my Edge went ok itself. But noticed today that some devices constantly go into the state: "waiting for wakeup to configure device". Also i see regular LUA restarts which i never noticed at the previous firmware.

Anyone with the same experience?

Offline Sender

• Sr. manager of my Vera
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 07:41:19 pm »
Controller dead. Green wheel of death... power cycle after 25 min after firmware update... vera dead...
Good firmware is more important than good karma. (and this costed me lots of Karma)

Offline rigpapa

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2017, 07:44:33 pm »
I'm bringing myself up on 3232 on a brand new Plus, from bare factory-reset condition, re-including every device. My network is 132 devices, nearly 60 scenes. I've been on a Vera3 for nearly four years, now at firmware 963, but apparently, for various reasons, MCV (Bogdan) recommended I start over.

Bogdan's recommendation makes total sense, but it's still not a happy circumstance for a customer. In four years on this platform, it's not my first restart. But they've gotten progressively more complex over time. As you all know, when you have to burn your world down and start over, it's more than just running around including devices. For many of us, that's really the easy part. The real work is in many more days, or even weeks, reimplementing all of the accrued configuration, combing out all of the scenes and details, Lua, plugin configurations (like PLEG rules), etc., until you finally get your world back to something that looks normal (and doesn't "surprise" your wife with whatever it does, or doesn't, do). This time, I had to seriously pause and think if I wanted to make that time investment again, or if I was better off using my time to get to know something else. But here I am, pushing on, as many of you do as well.

I'm about 90 devices in, and overnight, three devices became unreachable. One is a motion sensor, and the other two are switches. All live within a short line of sight to the Plus. Disappointing. Worse, I was not able to delete one of the failed devices, so now I have a stuck, unconfigurable, undeleteable device in my config that I suppose I'll need to open a ticket for at some point (I'm going to finish first, just in case there are more).

We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, SiteSensor, and Auto Virtual Thermostat plugins. Using Vera Plus (1.7.3232), Vera3 (1.7.855), 50 dimmers and 40 switches (mostly Leviton, some Linear and GE), a dozen sensors, a truckload of PLEG, and of course, my own plugins.

Offline ranneman

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2017, 01:21:23 am »
@Rigpapa, Wow lot of work for you to do. But I do think starting from scratch is the best way forward. Did the same a year ago and all went pretty well. Luckily not that big configuration but totally understand what you are looking into. Good Luck and hope that you have nice stable system in some weeks :).
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM

Offline micasasucasa

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2017, 01:32:02 pm »
I now have issues with the Sonos plugin, and someone above have it with the PowerMax plugin (which I also use myself, lucklily on another unit running the previous firmware). The plugins both communicate via /port_49451 to LuaUPnP which now seems broke/not working as before. Fix expected from plugin writers or MCV?

Offline markoe

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2017, 02:25:22 pm »
.... Fix expected from plugin writers or MCV?

For MCV I think you should enter an official support ticket and let them know about Your finding.

Offline micasasucasa

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2017, 04:21:19 pm »
Ok, thank you.

Support ticket filed.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Controllers & Control Systems
    • Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2017, 06:45:41 pm »
@rigpapa, have you given any thought of backing up and moving your devices onto a UZB stick?
Then you can easily ( if there is such a thing with Vera) take your devices to another Hub, similarly back up your PLEGS. Can't help with any scenes but 2 out of 3 aren't bad.  :)
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors plus a Z-UNO or 2.