Author Topic: UI7 ▾ Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.23  (Read 3937 times)

Offline markoe

Re: UI7 ▾ Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.23
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2017, 01:29:24 am »
Hi

I did upgrade my vera plus 4 days ago and everything went smoothly.  This morning I notice that the normal morning routines (schenes) are not running any more.

After investication I notice that yesterday morning 07:30 the system started  running one LUA startup/minute. After  about 1.5 hours of doing that total stop on lua statups. Schenes work but vera did not run any LUA code in schenes.

I wonder if vera support can investicate this from old logs.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 01:32:03 am by markoe »

Offline macstibs

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2017, 05:24:48 pm »
Downgraded to 3015

Scenes weren't firing and the thermostats were uncommunicative. 

3232 was total junk for me.

I have two problems on a Plus that I upgraded last week:

1. Going back to the Firmware tab throws an error about the device being out of space

2. I have the same thermostat problem that someone else mentioned earlier in the thread - status appears frozen at what it was prior to the upgrade and there's no control available.

Ripping down the whole system and rebuilding (again) really isn't an option for me.  I love the system's extensibility and flexibility, but the software instability is a real problem.  It's a shame, I would love to continue supporting the company (the Plus is the third Vera system I've had), but I don't have two days to rebuild the system every time there's a glitch.

Offline markoe

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2017, 03:31:38 pm »
Hi

I did upgrade my vera plus 4 days ago and everything went smoothly.  This morning I notice that the normal morning routines (schenes) are not running any more.

After investication I notice that yesterday morning 07:30 the system started  running one LUA startup/minute. After  about 1.5 hours of doing that total stop on lua statups. Schenes work but vera did not run any LUA code in schenes.

I wonder if vera support can investicate this from old logs.

Now my updated vera plus started to boot it self nonstop ... Will call support + very likely to downgrade the firmware :-(

Offline SBFree

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 06:46:41 am »
Where do I find instructions for upgrading a Vera 3 to UI7? Does it need a firmware upgrade first?
Thanks,
s

Offline reneboer

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 07:06:49 am »
Where do I find instructions for upgrading a Vera 3 to UI7? Does it need a firmware upgrade first?
Thanks,
s
Hi s,

See the knowledgebase at http://support.getvera.com/.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline Sorin M.

• Administrator
  • Master Member
    • getvera.com
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 09:02:57 am »
@SBFree  I would recommend giving a shoutout to our Customer Care team as well if you need any guidance.

Details in the signature.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2017, 08:03:21 am »
Any hint on when the next release will be?
Will I have to upgrade from my current 1.7.3015 via 1.7.3232, or can i skip directly to the next one?

I need control over my RFXTRX433, so i can't use .3232..

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2017, 08:28:21 pm »
Any hint on when the next release will be?
Will I have to upgrade from my current 1.7.3015 via 1.7.3232, or can i skip directly to the next one?

I need control over my RFXTRX433, so i can't use .3232..

Typically when a new firmware is released, you can go to it directly and not have to do incremental upgrades.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline Isablend

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 03:24:15 am »
I wouldn't normally post a programming note in a post such as this, but thought others might like to hear my experience.   After the upgrade to .3232 I had a bunch of apps stop working i.e. Sonos, VisonicPowermax, RFXtrx.

Long story short I downgraded the firmware to .3015, however the apps still didn't work properly until I saw the below post in relation to the Sonos app and getting it working again;

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,51432.msg335161.html#msg335161

after that worked I went through the .js files for all my apps and applied the same change.   Now only the 3 apps I mention required the change (none of the others use the Ajax call), however I can say that my system is now fully back and operational i.e. all apps working properly.   Hope this helps.

Offline Bgw70

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 05:51:31 pm »
Im running the previous version (1.7.3015) now because i had some problems like you.

I downgraded using this link: http://dl.mios.com/rl/BETA/722/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3015-en-mios.squashfs

Thank you for posting this link!
I have two VeraPlus models and one of them stopped sending text messages to my phone when I upgraded to 1.7.3232.
Your link allowed me to down grade the Vera causing problems and now I receive text messages again when someone enters a PIN number on the Schlage door lock.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:54:59 pm by Bgw70 »

Offline Inzax

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 07:14:13 pm »
Upgraded and noticed that any scene that calls for more then TWO cameras to record causes a LUUP restart.

A scene that detects front door motion and causes the driveway and front porch camera to record will not work.  Tried multiple combinations of cameras with different triggers, all failed. 

Single camera recordings work when caused by a motion trigger. 

After going through Vera FB page (the only way I seem to get a prompt reply) I was advised this was a known issue.  Any combination of generic IP cameras recording at the same time will cause a LUUP restart resulting in NO recording of the event.

Dividing the cameras in to different scenes does not resolve the issue if those cameras are triggered while another is recording.  The result is the same, a LUUP restart. 

I was told it is on the list for a fix.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!

Offline Priest

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2017, 11:31:03 am »
I'm still not on board to upgrade the firmware since so many are having problems.... but I noticed yesterday the the "Upgrade" button has gone missing in the firmware check page. It has been there until recently, but is missing now.  If I refresh the page, the upgrade button shows up for a half second and disappears.

When they do get another stable and working firmware out I will want to upgrade at some point, and it looks like I am unable to based on not having the button.  I have tried tabbing through the page to see if a random spot lights up for a hidden button and it does not.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2017, 08:57:04 pm »
My upgrade button disappears but that is because I have a Vera 3 with little free memory.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline Priest

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2017, 10:22:16 pm »
My upgrade button disappears but that is because I have a Vera 3 with little free memory.

I too have a Vera 3. Is the upgrade going to be out of reach for us now?

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2017, 08:18:30 pm »

I too have a Vera 3. Is the upgrade going to be out of reach for us now?

What I do is backup with z-wave. Reset Vera to factory defaults. Reboot. Update the firmware. Reboot. Restore from backup with z-wave. Since I use Wi-Fi, it means plugging in the Vera to my router to reconnect to the router. This also breaks Datamine 2, but I have been using it less and less lately.