Author Topic: Sonos not responding to commands from Vera UI7  (Read 2965 times)

Offline dwighthenry61

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Sonos not responding to commands from Vera UI7
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 07:39:38 pm »
I had a similar problem so I uninstalled the UPNP Event proxy plugin and reinstalled and everything started working again.

Offline gerardosamara

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2018, 01:26:33 pm »
Hi ,

I have the Sonos Plugin working after adding the 2 files of @amg0 and setting up manually the Sonos IP in the advanced tab.

If somone could  update the plugin with these 2 files , this would be useful for the community
Thanks
VeraLite+VeraEdge/EnOcean version US en UI7.1.17 + Vera Mobile UI7 V7.15.17.40 + Imperihome pro V2.8.3
Wall switch : Leviton VRS15 , Smart switch : Aeotec DSC24 , Motion sensor : Aeotec 4in1 DSB05 + Everspring HSP02 , Cameras Dlink 742L + Foscam 8910 + Foscam 9853EP

Offline P-a

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 04:54:15 am »
Hi fellow automaters!

First of all, THANK YOU amg0, for getting Sonos working again and all that helped by adding instructions. 👍🏻😊

Sonos is the most wonderful plug-in, have I understood it correctly that development has stopped?

Best regards

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 12:55:11 pm »
Hi fellow automaters!

First of all, THANK YOU amg0, for getting Sonos working again and all that helped by adding instructions. 👍🏻😊

Sonos is the most wonderful plug-in, have I understood it correctly that development has stopped?

Best regards
I think lolodomo left vera

Offline P-a

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2018, 03:14:33 am »
What? Was he a employee of Vera? Then they should get it fixed, but how could they then mess it up if the plug-in was in-house development????!!!!

Offline amg0

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2018, 04:28:56 am »
What? Was he a employee of Vera? Then they should get it fixed, but how could they then mess it up if the plug-in was in-house development????!!!!

he was a passionate french developper. developped many plugins ( RFX DNLA Sonos Freebox etc ).
Vera have all the source code so they can review and fix issues created by changes they introduce but I do not think they do. the problem is, in the past it was ok, developpers would quickly fix and everybody was happy. Nowdays that they have frustrated lots of developpers and lots of them left,  then this strategy wont work any more and if VERA does not fix themselves these orphan plugin , then the overall product is actually loosing functionality over time... I hope they see and think about that.
in the mean I provided thsi workaround for SOnos ( which applis to DNLA, freebox and some other plugins ) because I use them,  but I maynot use them forever ...

have fun !