We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: thermometer for Pool/Spa temperature monitoring???  (Read 14081 times)

Offline Mike Yeager

Re: thermometer for Pool/Spa temperature monitoring???
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2018, 09:42:57 pm »
Well, how accurate do you want it to be and what's your budget? Pressure range will determine the range you need for the transducer. Your best bet will be to read it with a wifi enabled Arduino or an ESP8266.

Offline BerrytH

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2019, 04:12:06 am »
Update - Due to the Fibaro sensor eating through batteries, I have hardwired the battery connections to the 3.3v output of the Arduino Mega that runs my pool. Wish I'd thought about doing that before. No more issues with the sensor dropping out and no further issue with batteries. Make sure you protect it from the elements though, or it won't last long...

Mike, I?m curious how long the battery in the Fibaro door sensor last? Please give me a rough idea. Thanks

Offline Mike Yeager

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2019, 08:55:10 pm »
I had one that would go 7 or 8 months on a battery and another that was eating them in 6 weeks. Thought it may have been the battery, but I'm beginning to think it was actually the sensor itself. Still have issues with that one sensor now and then even though it's hardwired. I have several of them hardwired and it's only that one...