Author Topic: New issue with Schlage locks  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Sammy2

Re: New issue with Schlage locks
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2017, 10:03:54 am »

There is a function on install where it checks all of this and adjusts.  I believe you can go into programming to make it do it again.  Also make sure the bolt is not dragging in the plate making the lock work hard to throw the bolt.  I had to chisel out some wood to clearance the hole behind the plate.  If you dont do the setup and let it run it's program, the bolt throw will be messed up.  If the screws are too tight and the lock binds up while moving in the door, it will mess up the routine as well.

manual for mine
 https://www.schlage.com/content/dam/sch-us/documents/pdf/installation-manuals/P516-872.pdf

Factory reset:
1. Disconnect the batteries. See Install the
Batteries.
2. Press and hold the Schlage Button.
3. While holding the Schlage Button, reconnect
the batteries.
4. Release the Schlage Button.
5. The inside indicator and green check will blink if
the Factory Default Reset is successful.
6. If you are moving the lock to a new door, install the lock on that
door before continuing.
7. To check that the lock was reset, press the Schlage Button and
enter one of the Default User Codes. If the reset was successful, the
Default User Codes will unlock the deadbolt.
L The lock must be set up again after the reset is complete (see
Step 7 Set up the Lock).
L Z-Wave network settings are maintained through Factory Default
Reset.

Step 7
1. Open the door if it is not already open.
2. Press the Schlage button first to enable the
backlight.
3. Enter one of the Default User Codes into the
lock (see front of instructions).
4. The lock will perform a setup routine. Wait
until the bolt stops moving before continuing.

Factory Reset worked, preserving Z-Wave settings. All is well now with the exception of the wreath hanger on the top of the front door making the strike plate slightly rub the lock bolt. I will need to adjust this slightly to fix but it does lock using the schlage button on the keypad and with the turn knob on the inside.

Thank you for your assistance, @Priest!

Offline Priest

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2017, 10:08:03 am »
Not a problem, glad it worked out

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2017, 04:14:15 pm »
So, I rolled back to f/w 1.7.3015 to fix the Schlage Lock issue but was annoyed with having to say, "No" to a firmware upgrade every time I logged in. Vera Support said they'd hide this annoyance for me which they thought they did but they did not. I asked again and after not being able to access my Vera for a good portion of the morning when I finally logged back in I find I'm on f/w 1.7.3232 again. Not too pleased about that as now my locks will be a mess again.

Vera, GET IT TOGETHER.

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2017, 07:47:12 am »
Update..

I remain on f/w 3222 but the locks have changed from Door Locks back to Poly Control Danalocks and they actually function as expected reporting status from using the thumb turn and key pad.

Interesting.

Offline Priest

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 10:29:36 am »
Update..

I remain on f/w 3222 but the locks have changed from Door Locks back to Poly Control Danalocks and they actually function as expected reporting status from using the thumb turn and key pad.

Interesting.

That is interesting

Offline edgebinary

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 04:15:00 pm »
Has anyone tried the new beta upgrade firmware released a few days ago? Has this issue been resolved?

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 07:01:10 pm »
Has anyone tried the new beta upgrade firmware released a few days ago? Has this issue been resolved?

Nope but I'm on 3222 and it is working as expected but the locks show as Poly Control Danalocks.. Weirdest thing. I'm not upgrading until you do!

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2017, 08:23:34 am »
Hello people,

Looking through development logs I see that the devs have clocked a lot of hours on this matter. Even tho, at first sight, it seems an "easy fix" and we can always "roll back", it really more than that. Not sure how to say it without pointing fingers but I'll give it a shot.

Z-Wave as technology had a pretty bumpy start, and although the main idea behind Z-wave is "standardization", many vendors tend to implement specs differently, instead of adhering to standardization. For the sake of situations like this, when a certain, very common device, has some issues, we usually put a lot of work in simply making vendor specific hacks just to "have it working". This is not good for stability and we are trying the best we can to encourage standardization and adhere to it. We are closely working with all these vendors for the best integration possible, but things don't always go as fast as we like.

This being said, there is still some work to do, to have Schlage locks back on track, and we apologize for the situation, and to everyone affected by this. As a temporary solution, you can keep your unit on fw UI7 ▾ Software Update ▾ Version 7.0.22 (1.7.963/1.7.3014/1.7.3015/1.7.3016).

We hope to bring you some good news in Q1 2018, with the next firmware release of 7.0.26

Thanks everyone.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2017, 10:52:48 am »
Here's what happened for me..

I was on f/w .3222 with my VeraPlus when I installed the locks. They behaved just as indicated in this thread. CS sent me a link for f/w .3015 which I installed.

After this my Schlage locks showed up as Category "Poly-Control Danalocks" but worked correctly and in the Advanced Tab they are listed as Schlage BE469NX.

Then the prompt to upgrade my firmware got annoying so I asked CS to remove the prompt. When they finished I was back on f/w .3232 but the locks worked even though they were categorized incorrectly.

I checked today and they are under Category "Locks" and I don't get the prompt to upgrade from f/w .3232 to .3453.

Right now I'm going to stay put but I find this disheartening for something so critical to security as door locks to be such a mess.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2017, 10:54:04 am »
"We hope to bring you some good news in Q1 2018, with the next firmware release of 7.0.26"

Ring Doorbells?

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2017, 11:15:39 am »
Correction:

I am now getting the nag to upgrade the f/w. Not going to fix what isn't broken.

Offline gleech

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2017, 09:21:20 am »
So anyone tried to update on the new firmware? Could you tell your experience on how the lock behaves? I'm still on FW 3014 on veraedge.

I'm in a situation where if I upgrade, my Fibaro FGS-223 relay will work fine, but not sure if the Schlage will behaves properly, and if I don't upgrade, the Schlage works find but the Fibaro won't.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 09:24:05 am by gleech »

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 10:36:29 am »
So anyone tried to update on the new firmware? Could you tell your experience on how the lock behaves? I'm still on FW 3014 on veraedge.

I'm in a situation where if I upgrade, my Fibaro FGS-223 relay will work fine, but not sure if the Schlage will behaves properly, and if I don't upgrade, the Schlage works find but the Fibaro won't.

Lots of issues reported in the newest f/w and Vera stated it doesn't address the Schlage issue. I'm staying put where I am right now until this is all ironed out.

Offline gibby

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2017, 03:09:43 pm »

Lots of issues reported in the newest f/w and Vera stated it doesn't address the Schlage issue. I'm staying put where I am right now until this is all ironed out.

Same here, but it is sad that everytime I login it takes to me the upgrade page automatically.

Offline gleech

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 03:28:41 pm »
Thank you the input. I will also stay put too. I'd rather have the Schlage working properly than my Fibaro relay.