Author Topic: New issue with Schlage locks  (Read 3598 times)

Offline bobbydoedoe

• Sr. Newbie
Re: New issue with Schlage locks
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2018, 09:57:51 am »
I am running the beta (Version 7.0.25b) on vera secure.  I have my schlage lock to arm/disarm if the keypad was used to lock/unlock.  and no action if the schlage was unlocked or lock  by turning the knob manually and this is what i observe:

*the lock arm/disarm properly when the keypad is used to either lock or unlock, so i am happy with that
*BUT, when the schlage is unlock/lock manually from the inside, Vera treats it the same as if i were unlock/lock by using the keypad.
 Therefore, it arms/disarm in addition to unlocking/locking.  really annoyed about this and this did not happen in the Oct firmware
*schlage will not arm/disarm if i were to lock/unlock the schlage via the vera portal

I haven't try to repair the lock yet after the firmware change as i am about to give up on Vera all together go elsewhere

I would stay with the Oct firmware if you want the lock to function properply

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2018, 11:25:15 am »
FULL Schlage locks fix will be included with 7.25 FINAL, which is around the corner.
Thank you everyone for the patience.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2018, 11:38:15 am »
FULL Schlage locks fix will be included with 7.25 FINAL, which is around the corner.
Thank you everyone for the patience.
It would seem the beta doesn't address the issue? Is it to roll to release untested?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Offline bobbydoedoe

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2018, 11:05:43 am »
any est date of the roll out date of the final 7.25 firmware? 

Offline ZuluWhiskey

« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2018, 07:18:07 pm »
Looks like it's rolling out:

http://support.getvera.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2912913

I got the dreaded ""ERROR: Z-Wave network failed to go into learn mode. Please wait 1 minute and try again." after updating to 1.7.3232.

Vera mods, does this firmware fix that?  Thanks.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2018, 05:04:26 am »

*the lock arm/disarm properly when the keypad is used to either lock or unlock, so i am happy with that
*BUT, when the schlage is unlock/lock manually from the inside, Vera treats it the same as if i were unlock/lock by using the keypad.
 Therefore, it arms/disarm in addition to unlocking/locking.  really annoyed about this and this did not happen in the Oct firmware
*schlage will not arm/disarm if i were to lock/unlock the schlage via the vera portal

Hello there, I'm a bit confused by the arming/disarming part, but I want to understand more. I believe we are talking about some scenes that have the lock as trigger and are supposed to arm/disarm some sensors ?
Do you have an existing ticket with our Customer Care team? if not, would you please log one, and make reference to this topic so we can look into this issue and address it?
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2018, 07:36:51 am »
@Sorin M.

I am trying to get PLEG to automatically arm my house into away mode when any lock button is pressed but Vera is not reporting the status of the locks (I'm on v7.0.23 on my VeraPlus and for whatever reason my Schage Locks are reported as PolyControl Danalocks when they are not). I think this is causing my Logic not to work.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,53862.msg340213.html#msg340213

Also, I see that issues with Schlage Locks (and FortrezZ water sensors) are reported here:

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,54146.msg340350.html#msg340350
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:13:33 am by Sammy2 »

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2018, 12:22:19 pm »

Hello there, I'm a bit confused by the arming/disarming part, but I want to understand more. I believe we are talking about some scenes that have the lock as trigger and are supposed to arm/disarm some sensors ?
Do you have an existing ticket with our Customer Care team? if not, would you please log one, and make reference to this topic so we can look into this issue and address it?

I upgraded this morning to the latest f/w 7.3501 and my locks are still not reporting status when manually locked. This is critical for proper implementation of PLEG to set the house mode to Away upon locking a door. This f/w seems to have not fixed this issue. Additionally, My VeraPlus will set itself to Home Mode all by itself after a minute or two even when I click Away. This is not good at all.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:54:45 pm by Sammy2 »

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2018, 10:03:48 am »
I'm still having issues with proper reporting of Lock Status even though I've been rolled back to f/w 7.3015.

Is anyone else still experiencing this problem?

Offline Sammy2

« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2018, 07:05:19 pm »
Alternatively, has the v7.3051 worked to fix issues with Schlage Locks?

Offline ALPrev

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2018, 11:03:55 pm »
I finally gave up after using Vera equipment for a number of years. I simply wasn't willing to spend any more time trying to make this work. I need something that just works...all the time. And something that the release of untested software doesn't cause me hours upon hours of maintenance.

I uninstalled my Veralite and replaced it with a Samsung SmartThings hub. All my devices were recognized and with very little effort my Schlage lock is now working like it's supposed to. Four weeks in and I've had no major problems. Like everything else, there was a short learning curve, but the software appears to be solid and the mobile apps (iphone and android) are logical and work consistently well.

Offline melsman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2018, 01:33:07 am »
I am happy to verify that firmware v. 1.7.3500 on my Vera Edge solved the Schlage pin code error that I had reported earlier in this thread. (Reply #20)  Vera once again activates a scene properly when a pin code is entered and indicates properly in the UI.  :)

(Lock type - Schlage Connect BE469NX)

Melsman
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 01:39:32 am by melsman »