We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: vera will reload to validate the changes...  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Forzaalfa

Re: vera will reload to validate the changes...
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 02:09:14 pm »
Any news on this?

Can't create devices, can't delete devices (through "Managed devices"), can't edit the "managed devices" list what so ever.. Hope this issue has some priority at vera!
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline tinman

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 02:30:57 pm »
Well, as I said before this is an area in which I have little experience but I installed nmap on my PC and using the Zenmap GUI I ran a scan against my Vera Plus. Looks like to port is open for tcp but blocked for udp:

PORT      STATE  SERVICE VERSION
49451/tcp open   upnp    Portable SDK for UPnP devices 1.6.6 (Linux 3.10.14; UPnP 1.0)
49451/udp closed unknown

I would think that a fix for this would be a straightforward use of iptables.

The RFXtrx plugin requests the url from Vera using "command_url' (the Javascropt API function now being getCommandURL() ), If Vera replies with the port that should be used then I'm surprised that they also block the port.

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 04:23:27 pm »
Hello guys,

49451 port block is part of the upcoming upnp revamping and securing.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:24:33 am by John M. »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2017, 05:28:02 am »
I just downgraded to the previous using this link: http://dl.mios.com/rl/BETA/722/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3015-en-mios.squashfs

Everything is fine now, don't think i need many of the improvements in 3232 now, so i'll hold til the next one.
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline halo

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 09:52:22 am »
Just thinking
Where this port is defined?

Maybe it is possible to change it in the plugin configuration?

Offline tinman

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 06:06:49 pm »
It's not defined ion the plugin. I believe that it's a configuration problem in the Vera firmware. I'm not sure but I believe that it goes something like this: The plugin asks the Vera web server what port it should use. Vera responds with the port number which unfortunately Vera also blocks.

Offline thomasx

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 05:08:53 pm »
I am really getting fed up with the vera. Everytime I'm just going to do a 5-minute update of something, one gets stuck for ours with problems that ends up to be "oh, that doesn't work". Rubbish, is what it is. Autocreate on/off doesn't work, deleting devices doesn't work, not even ADDING DEVICES!!!!. How hard can it be? Clearly autocreate On/off didn't work last time either. So now my vera is filled up with unknown devices. And I have to go in on each and every one and delete them manually one by one? And now it isn't even possible to do something so basic as to add a new device, and it's been like this for at least a month, and nothing is happening from Vera to fix such a blunt bug?   Really? Can I get my money back please!?!?!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 05:32:20 pm by thomasx »

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 05:17:56 am »
I've spent some time trying to find out the source of this problem. No luck so far but I have some suggestions for possible work-arounds. To enable or disable AutoCreate, change the setting in the variables for the RFXtrx transceiver device. You can do this in the Advanced tab page the device by selecting the Variables tab. Click on the Edit link (this is new in the latest Vera firmware) for the AutoCreate variable. Set it to 1 to enable AutoCreate or to 0 to disable it.
Deleting device from the RFXtrx Managed Devices page doesn't work but you can delete them individually from the Vera Devices page. For each device click on the '>' to show the device details and at the lower right click on the Delete Device button.
I'll continue to look into these problems as time permits. Right now doing some work on my house that I have to finish before the cold weather sets in.

This is a functioning workaround for autocreate on/off. I ended up going to the previous FW build, and i'm staying here until the next one comes, skipping .3232 (for vera plus) all together.
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline thomasx

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 02:50:33 pm »
I downgraded to 3231, 3014 and 2139, same issue will all three. No adding, no deleting, no switching autocreate on/off. And no fixes from Vera. Rubbish!

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2017, 03:47:28 pm »
wow. I went to 1.7.3015, and all of that works fine.
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline thomasx

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 04:42:20 pm »
Where can I find a 3015 firmware link for download?

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 05:01:43 pm »
Best open a ticket and have CS do it.
Ask them when they will have a fix for this as well, I'm in need of this updated FW but can't do it until they fix the bug.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Forzaalfa

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2017, 03:00:51 am »
I just downgraded to the previous using this link: http://dl.mios.com/rl/BETA/722/mt7621_Luup_ui7-1.7.3015-en-mios.squashfs

Everything is fine now, don't think i need many of the improvements in 3232 now, so i'll hold til the next one.
Vera Plus - RFXtrx433e

Offline halo

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2017, 10:24:15 am »
I have just one question related to downgrade.

Can a datamine date stored on external USB be affected using this downgrade?

Do you need to restore some data after downgrade? is it mandatory?

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2017, 08:16:00 pm »
I have found a firmware change will "break" Datamine in the sense that the app does not link to the old data including any channels you are monitoring.  That is the main reason I have not updated lately.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1