Author Topic: EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus working with Vera (Plus)?  (Read 3558 times)

Offline 1krzys

Re: EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus working with Vera (Plus)?
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 03:55:55 am »
i have got it, and it work well. only with option "heat" ,but it works great. fast temperature change, never trying scenes with spirit but i can check it if someone need info.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 06:50:20 am »
I always get "ERROR: Unable to get any information on node..." and I just tried "configure node right now".
Does it work 100% for you? Sounds strange that it works for some users and does not for others?

Maybe there is something wrong with the device itself?
I don't remember how I added it, but most probably as a generic device. But it configured correctly, the only thing I needed to change was setting polling to "0".
I don't have any issues with steering them via UI or scenes.
I have once the case when one of them didn't respond to the scene setting lower temperature for night, then the other didin't react a day or two later. I changed temp. manually via buttons and since then there are no new issues, everything work.
By the way I've had similar problems (not responding to a scene) with other radiator heads I have (2x Comet and 1x Devolo), in worst case I had to remove batteries and put back again. It was more or less same month as the issue with Spirit, and similar to the Spirit's case, no issues since then.
Hard to say if it was some glitch in the units after long period of inactivity during summer time, some issues in Vera (since all radiator heads were affected, even if not at the same day), or something else.

Offline stofakiller

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2018, 05:26:33 am »
I always get "ERROR: Unable to get any information on node..." and I just tried "configure node right now".
Does it work 100% for you? Sounds strange that it works for some users and does not for others?

Maybe there is something wrong with the device itself?
I don't remember how I added it, but most probably as a generic device. But it configured correctly, the only thing I needed to change was setting polling to "0".
I don't have any issues with steering them via UI or scenes.
I have once the case when one of them didn't respond to the scene setting lower temperature for night, then the other didin't react a day or two later. I changed temp. manually via buttons and since then there are no new issues, everything work.
By the way I've had similar problems (not responding to a scene) with other radiator heads I have (2x Comet and 1x Devolo), in worst case I had to remove batteries and put back again. It was more or less same month as the issue with Spirit, and similar to the Spirit's case, no issues since then.
Hard to say if it was some glitch in the units after long period of inactivity during summer time, some issues in Vera (since all radiator heads were affected, even if not at the same day), or something else.

After i set mine to polling 0, they work :-D Thanks

Offline svaleb

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 05:06:22 am »
How about the temperatur reporting, does it work too ?

Offline kwieto

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2018, 05:11:01 pm »
Yes

Offline svaleb

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2018, 05:05:08 am »
@ Kwieto

I dont know how often it should update the head temperature but if I set "0" it does not seem to work for me.
I have set polling to 600 and the polling seems to get the head temperature.
And then I get , af cause, "cant detect device".
It is back onn when I change the setpoint.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2018, 10:19:22 am »
I don't monitor it on a regular basis, just check from time to time if I need to know what is temperature inside.
But I'll set monitoring rule in the datamine this evening and see how frequently data are updated.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2018, 03:54:19 am »
@Svaleb,
You're right, I have the same experience. If polling is set to Off, temperature isn't updated. If it is set to be performed, there is "can't detect device" error, which clears after changing setpoint. I'm now testing polling for every 600 seconds (10 minutes) but with "automatically configure" set to NO.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2018, 04:29:56 am »
Thanks for testing Kwieto !
I am not sure what you mean by "automatically configure set to no", that is for the whole system ?

Offline kwieto

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2018, 04:56:28 pm »
In the settings section, where you can set polling interval, there is also an option (first from top) "Automatically configure". You have three options here: Use default behavior, YES and NO.
Default for most (all?) devices is YES. I set it to NO and it seems that it prevents error from reappearing, but it also stops updates of temperature (to be confirmed, maybe the change is just to small to be reported and this is why temp. is not updated)

Offline svaleb

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2018, 08:43:53 am »
Mine are all on "use default behavior"

I cannot remember why, but there are something you cannot do if it is not in that position.

Offline kwieto

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2018, 05:17:05 am »
If you have automatically configure set to "NO", you can't set associations on the device.

Anyway, it seems that it is either temp reading, or "can't detect device" error.
Maybe thet topic for Vera support.

Offline svaleb

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2018, 05:52:31 am »
Thanks.
Vera has a lot of updating to do on thermostats.