We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus working with Vera (Plus)?  (Read 6084 times)

Offline Stripe

Re: EUROtronic SPIRIT Z-Wave Plus working with Vera (Plus)?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2018, 09:29:06 am »

Also it would be nice to see the Valve Opening in %.

Would such info be useful? The same temp setting will bring different valve openings depending on various circumstances.

I just want see whether it is closed or not.

Offline podloucka

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2019, 07:42:26 am »
Any progress in integrating SPIRIT thermostat? I still see the error Can't Detect Device after some time.
Or did anyone solve this problem?
And I also need to see the opening level so I can simply switch the boiler on when the valve opens
Jan

Offline Odysee

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2019, 04:27:25 am »
I also have the problem that temperature can be set on Vera and get a "transmit OK", but on the Spirit nothing happens.

Offline Tmorfus

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2019, 05:19:14 am »
My Spirit's used with external T sensors (parameter 8 set to x80, temperature data converted and transmitted by Vera luup script).
Problem 1 is: Battery level not  shown in UI
Problem 2 is: Displayed "current temperature" - temperature from internal sensor.

Offline Stripe

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2019, 08:01:21 am »
My Spirit's used with external T sensors (parameter 8 set to x80, temperature data converted and transmitted by Vera luup script).
Problem 1 is: Battery level not  shown in UI
Problem 2 is: Displayed "current temperature" - temperature from internal sensor.

Hi,
i haven't the Problem nr.1 as you can see. Prob 2 i have it also, the internal Temperature is updated only sometimes in a long interval (It would be nice if the last value & read time ​​would be displayed). Can't detect Device is often displayed, but it works fine. Also i'm missing the percent of how much the Valve is open.

Offline Tmorfus

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2019, 09:08:40 am »
Look at screen.
Gray - it a Remotec ZXT 120, actually it plugged.
Red - Spirit. on a battery.

Actual temperature of Spirit is wrong too, because it taked from Remotec (look at code sample)
Spirit actually opened and closed as well, as need, but INTERNAL temperature shown.
Code: [Select]
local function getLowByte16( value )
    local high_value = math.floor(value/256)
    high_value = high_value*256
    local low_value = value - high_value
    return low_value
end

local function getHighByte16( value )
    local high_value = math.floor(value/256)
    return high_value
end

local Nod = <ALTID OF SPIRIT>
local temp = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1", "CurrentTemperature", DEVID OF RXT 120)
local ntemp=math.floor(temp*100)
local Dat = string.format("0x31 0x05 0x01 0x42 0x%02x 0x%02x",getHighByte16( ntemp ), getLowByte16( ntemp ))
luup.call_action('urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ZWaveNetwork1','SendData',{Node=Nod, Data=Dat},1)

Offline Odysee

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2019, 09:39:27 am »
With me the battery level is also displayed. Measured temperature is updated every few minutes (could also be that the temperature does not change so often).

Offline Tmorfus

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2019, 11:56:26 am »
Displayed self-measured temperature - is a problem, because Spirit set to use EXTERNAL temperature sensor.

Offline thorazine

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2019, 03:36:38 pm »
Thanks @Tmorfus for your input.
I have several Spirit devices and wanted to use external temp sensor for them.
Unfortunatelly Tmorfus script doesn't work for me :/
Even when I put 1500 as current temp (ntemp variable) and run it via ALTUI Lua Code Test function, nothing happen (thermostat valve should open since it target is set to 23 deg).
How can I debug what is wrong?
I'd appreciate any help with this.

Offline Tmorfus

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2019, 06:24:21 am »
Sorry for latency.
From the 18th of February to today, I went to a warm country with clean sea and delicious food. And did not even open the laptop once.

Let try to debug.
1st: Spirit can react in 5 min. It Ok.
2nd: My scale - Celsius. M.b you from USA :)

Possible - wrong datatype in LUA variable, if you put 1500 manualy, m.b. it wrong.
Try to put 15.00 to "temp", better to set ntemp by math.floor

Offline cadwizzard

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2019, 03:45:31 pm »
I also have the Eurotronic Spirit. They are brilliant, report temp and the setpoint change is quick too.
I also occasionally get the device not detected issue, mainly on one thats neighbor isn't zwave plus.
It would be brilliant to see these properly integrated as they are great kit and work really well, except for the intermittent error which doesn't stop then working and the fact they show up as HVAC devices in the ui

Offline klimbo

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2019, 04:40:06 am »
I also have the Eurotronic Spirit. They are brilliant, report temp and the setpoint change is quick too.
I also occasionally get the device not detected issue, mainly on one thats neighbor isn't zwave plus.
It would be brilliant to see these properly integrated as they are great kit and work really well, except for the intermittent error which doesn't stop then working and the fact they show up as HVAC devices in the ui
I think that the problem of device not detected on a neighbor who is not zwave more is not a problem really catastrophic one can ingore carrement
Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:50:30 pm by klimbo »