We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: DSC Alarm System plugin  (Read 403515 times)

Offline pricebn

• Sr. Newbie
Re: DSC Alarm System plugin
« Reply #1005 on: November 24, 2013, 10:39:52 am »
Sorry I didn't put that in initial request.  It should have been in the attached pics of the system.

'EnableRemoteArm' = disarm

Offline caseyz

« Reply #1006 on: May 21, 2014, 02:40:48 pm »
Does anyone know what happened to this plugin?  It seems to have disappeared from the app store.

http://apps.mios.com/plugin.php?id=114#

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #1007 on: May 23, 2014, 02:14:30 am »
It appears in the app store for me.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline tedp

« Reply #1008 on: July 05, 2014, 02:44:15 pm »
I've just integrated my 1832 panel and EVL3 with this plugin, and wanted to confirm a few items as I've been digesting the thread and wiki instructions:

#1: I have not yet programmed zone names via my 5500 panel, but have defined zone labes in Vera. My understanding is that when I arm the system, the zone name in Vera will be overwritten by the zone names in the alarm panel unless I set a manual override variable in the plugin panel. Is this correct? Also, I cannot go the other way (program the alarm panel zones from the Vera labels).

#2: Can I set the time via the EVL3? If so, do I enter the installer code in the PIN? Would that code get broadcast to MCV servers?

In all the plugin seems to work pretty seamlessly -- thank you to the author for providing this to the community.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #1009 on: July 05, 2014, 03:17:00 pm »
EVL devices don't support the DSC Label Broadcast function, only the IT100 supports it.  It's this function that the plugin uses to 'overwrite' any labels defined in Vera, with those defined in the Panel.  The parameter turns off that behavior, but since the EVL units don't support it anyhow, it's like the parameter has already been set for those units.

I've never tried setting the time in the EVL, but they already set the time from NTP servers so there's probably no need.  None of this time information is propagated back to Vera (or even the MiOS servers).

The plugin does use the DSC Time a Broadcast feature, but only as a mechanism to detect the health of the connection between Vera and the EVL (or IT100) module.