We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: DSC Alarm System plugin  (Read 397064 times)

Offline smilligan

Re: DSC Alarm System plugin
« Reply #975 on: December 06, 2012, 06:34:21 pm »
Guys,

Thank you for the update..
Sorry to seem obtuse, but when Strangely said "the plugin communicates with EVL3" i asked myself "Could Strangely be telling me that the VERA communicates with the EVL3 via the portal?"

Thank you for taking the time to clarify something that should have been somewhat obvious to me.

If I program ZONE names through the EVL3 portal, do those ZONE names get automatically pushed to the PANEL itself via the EVL3 bridge?  I ask because i have named the ZONEs in EVL3 protal, and the newly assigned literals only seem to pop-up in the portal.
The newly assigned ZONE names do not appear in the Panel's LCD keypad, nor the EVL3's direct web interface, nor in the VERA (which by the way is still communicating with SAME panel via IT100)..

Any clues/ideas as to what my misunderstanding might be?

Thanks in advance for your support.
Sean

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #976 on: December 06, 2012, 06:36:13 pm »
Unfortunately, portal names are only used by the portal.

As far as I know, you have to program in 3 places
1) Portal
2) Keypad (and broadcast to all other keypads)
3) Vera

I hope I'm wrong!
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline smilligan

« Reply #977 on: December 06, 2012, 06:46:09 pm »
Purdue Guy:
Thanks for the reply.
I was under the impression that the VERA's DSC plugin would only get the Zone Name Literal from the panel itself..  And that yes, you can change the ZONE name in the VERA DSC device sensor icon, but once it reboots, it will be overwritten with the panel's default literal zone name.
But i had read somewhere that the EVL could program the Zone names..  I guess i simply assumed that this meant it would push the new zone names to the panel.
If what you say is correct, we will still need to use the SerialLink interface to program Zone names using the DLS software..  Ouch...
If anyone else has some comments that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sean

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #978 on: December 06, 2012, 07:01:59 pm »
If what you say is correct, we will still need to use the SerialLink interface to program Zone names using the DLS software

You can set the zone names via keypad entry, right?  If so...

They are but that's different from "sequence". The commands pop up allows you to toggle PGMs, bypass sensors and send key-presses (sequence)

...could you do it via the envisalink UI sequence?

Offline smilligan

« Reply #979 on: December 06, 2012, 07:55:52 pm »
All,

Intrepid, thanks for this bit of info..  I must admit, programming from the keypad is more painful than DSL2002.

That being said, does anyone have a simple "sequence" example for a zone that might get me started with Intrepid's suggestion?

Kind Regards
Sean

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #980 on: December 07, 2012, 04:50:23 am »
All,

Intrepid, thanks for this bit of info..  I must admit, programming from the keypad is more painful than DSL2002.

That being said, does anyone have a simple "sequence" example for a zone that might get me started with Intrepid's suggestion?

Kind Regards
Sean

Hello Sean,

I am a bit perplexed by the question. Even though I agree it is easier utilising DLS software to perform the panel programming, using keystroke via the Envisalink UI sequence is not going to make you happy. "Envisalink UI sequence" is emulation of keypad programming one step at a time.

To be honest, even though I would like DLS over the 2DS or EVL3, if you are at it all the time, there are other issues which really need to be addressed. I have only modified my system once recently to replace a dead keyfob. I know your system are for clients and thus, you really do need to get the initial programming correct. I really would not expect dymanic changes if I had a system installed and monitored.

As to zone name broadcast, I use to hate the fact that the 2DS did not do this but I have added more logic to the way the zones are determined and I have just either accepted this or got used to it. But, if you want to push it, it would be best followed up on the Eyez-on forum or via their support because they developed the firmware and publish the API/TPI.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:24:57 pm by Brientim »

Offline smilligan

« Reply #981 on: December 07, 2012, 02:31:23 pm »
Brientim,
Thanks for the "heads up" on sequence programming.
If i read between the lines, you are suggesting we use the DLS software as opposed to trying to use EVL3 portal's sequence.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Sean

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #982 on: December 07, 2012, 03:03:31 pm »
Sean,

The last few times I changed things were via the keypad as they were only small changes. One a key fob, change a maintenance code and correct a zone spelling. Previously as I had a t-link, I would utilise the DLS2002 to do changes and I do have a full panel back up on DLS. So set up via DLS and incremental changes via keypad.

Offline Radjin

« Reply #983 on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:41 pm »
Are there limits to the number of zones you can see from vera with the DSC 1864 panel?  I seem to be limited to 6 with no arm/disarm control.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #984 on: December 07, 2012, 11:46:57 pm »
Are there limits to the number of zones you can see from vera with the DSC 1864 panel?  I seem to be limited to 6 with no arm/disarm control.
There are directions: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline Radjin

« Reply #985 on: December 08, 2012, 12:30:49 am »
There are directions: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_dscalarmpanel

Now that was fast.  I wish all customer service was this good.  Thanks

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
« Reply #986 on: December 08, 2012, 01:25:01 am »
That's not customer service, just a good forum member helping another, good to see it being acknowledge. :D

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #987 on: December 08, 2012, 01:59:17 am »
@smilligan

About the only disadvantage that the 2DS/EVL3 has over the IT100, is that zone labels do not get transferred to Vera like they do with the IT100; the only reason this was not implemented previously was due to the fact the 2DS never had enough memory left. Hopefully soon this will be rectified by updated code for the EVL3 since it has more memory, along with adding the DLS programming!

Not sure when either will be added, but I'm sure it it wont be long since the developers have added lots since I've been using it, and both features have been spoken about on their forum by the developers! In the mean time, its not too much of a problem to label the zones manually in Vera (so long as you read the wiki about how to do this)... I never had to do this since I ran it with an IT100 originally anyway before swapping.

***edit***

Not forgetting of course the 2DS/EVL3 will also set the panel time for you also automatically :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:21:36 am by strangely »
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline GT!

« Reply #988 on: December 26, 2012, 07:51:43 pm »
Hmmm, under the Advanced tab, InterfaceType, it said IT200, I changed that to 2DS, and reloaded Vera and now works.

Thanks

The only thing I can see is that in the advanced tab it says; Commuse: RS232 could that be the problem?

Nope thats fine!

-Are you sure you have its IP correct?
-When you say, "(works great through the web)" do you mean through its local page, or from the eyez-on website? If this was on its local page,       then have you registered the device on the eyez-on site? If not then you need to do this as its likely its running and old version of the code without the automation interface (TPI) and the plugin will not work.
-Do you have it selected as 2DS in the parent device? (selection should be a darker blue)

I'm in a similar situation, but slightly different.  When I installed the plugin and gave it the IP address of my 2ds it found it and added the partition and 6 zones (I have more, but I guess I add those manually?) but then gives the LUA failure messages and nothing seems to work.  I've tried rebooting and also changed the InterfaceType to 2DS manually, but so far it has not helped.  The 2ds is working fine with eyez-on.

-GT

Finally got this working.  After giving up hope, I decided to try it again after I upgraded the firmware on my primary router today (didn't realize there were new releases since nobody updated the router database).  Bingo, worked right away!  I suspect there must be a bug in DD-WRT (dd-wrt.v24-16785_NEWD-2_K2.6_big-e2k-e3k.bin).  The upgrade also fixed another problem I was having with wireless clients connecting to PPTP VPN.  I upgraded to the latest stable release (19519).  Posting in case this helps someone else (unlikely, but I guess you never know...).

-GT

Offline Pestus

« Reply #989 on: January 03, 2013, 12:33:42 am »
Good day,

This is in regards to issue 2282.    http://bugs.micasaverde.com/view.php?id=2282

The Envisalink 2DS Keepalive problem.  I keep hearing all over the intarwebs that this issue is solved.  My setup exhibits the exact behaviour as described for this issue.  Someone needs to actually declare how to enable these keepalives.  Where does one put this in? Advanced tab somewhere, no doubt?

Or am I missing something here?  Was this a solution purely for plugin authors, and I shouldn't be experiencing this?  Also, does this behaviour exist with the Envisalink 3?

Thanks in advance!

Envisalink 2DS, Firmware version 01.08.107
Vera3 UI5, version 1.5.408.
Both devices on DHCP assigned static IPs.  (Reserved addresses)
Both plugged directly into a Cisco router