We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: DSC Alarm System plugin  (Read 396473 times)

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
Re: DSC Alarm System plugin
« Reply #990 on: January 03, 2013, 12:40:07 am »
If you have the latest DSC plugin for Vera, the latest Vera Firmware, and your 2DS has been registered (and updated its firmware), then you have the keep alive logic.

If you are having the issue, what do you see? Does the connection go stale without seeing TPI disconnect/reconnect messages?
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline Pestus

« Reply #991 on: January 03, 2013, 12:43:09 am »
Thank you strangely!

In Vera, the "DSC Alarm Panel" device shows a red error.  "lua failure lua failure" while the Partition 1 shows no state, and can not be controlled.

In Envisalink 2DS, I see TPI showing it being connected.  Rebooting the Envisalink seems to solve the problem.

Offline strangely

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • Vera 1,3 & V light
« Reply #992 on: January 03, 2013, 12:53:04 am »
This sounds like a different problem. Did this behavior just start?

Are you sure you don't have something else trying to connect to the TPI interface?
Kwickset locks, HA01C, HA14C, HA02C, HA03C, HA05C, HA04C, HA07C, HA09C, Aeon HEM, GE 45604, 45606, 45609, ZDP100, VRF01-1LZ, WDTC-20, HA18WD, WDHA-12R, HRDS1, HM-TS001, AC1-ZW, TV-IP110, BL-C210A, LUUP control- EtherRain8, DSC Alarm, HDMI matrix, HR24-200, Panasonic TV, SQblaster

Offline Pestus

« Reply #993 on: January 03, 2013, 01:01:19 am »
Hmm..

No, this is my only attempt at using the TPI aspect of this. 

I just recently got the Vera, and the DSC plugin worked out with all the various settings done accordingly.  Or so I had thought, anyways...

It does work..  I have scenes set up where if Partition 1 does this, then do that...   others where if this happens, arm or disarm Partition 1.  It works both ways.  Yet, every day or so, this "lua failure lua failure" occurs.  This has been since installing the plugin.  I have tried removing the device, reinstalling the plugin, etc.

The -ONLY- thing that I am thinking might be out of the norm, is I am arming and disarming the DSC panel via a key switch zone.  I can't see how that really matters, though.

I'll wait until the next time it fails, and I will copy all version numbers, full list of settings, and as much detail as I can.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #994 on: January 03, 2013, 01:16:53 am »
The -ONLY- thing that I am thinking might be out of the norm, is I am arming and disarming the DSC panel via a key switch zone.  I can't see how that really matters, though.
It might, we've not had a keySwitch armed version before and I believe we get a difference sequence of messages in that case.

I will PM you an email address that you can send logs to.  You won't be able to PM me back, since you don't have enough Forum cred just yet, but you can use the email address to send me a copy of your log file.

I'll need a copy of it as close as possible to the time when the error occurs.  Vera rotates the logs throughout the day, so it's entirely possible that the error isn't in the "current" log file that you can see on your Vera unit.

This will get you logged on:
    http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Logon_Vera_SSH

and the log file in question is in:
    /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

You can use Winscp (or similar) to copy the log file off of the Vera box.

If that doesn't work, you can always do a copy & paste from the output of:
    http://192.168.x.x/cgi-bin/cmh/log.sh?Device=LuaUPnP

Offline Pestus

« Reply #995 on: January 25, 2013, 12:42:28 pm »
This issue seems to have gone away on it's own.  On top of that, the logs requested have long been over written it seems.  Apologies.  May as well consider this issue closed.  I waited for it to repeat itself, but it did not, and became entirely reliable.  It may have been a keyboard - chair interface issue.

Thanks!

Offline shdwkeeper

« Reply #996 on: January 31, 2013, 06:58:31 pm »
Hmm..

I just recently got the Vera, and the DSC plugin worked out with all the various settings done accordingly.  Or so I had thought, anyways...

It does work..  I have scenes set up where if Partition 1 does this, then do that...   others where if this happens, arm or disarm Partition 1.  It works both ways.  Yet, every day or so, this "lua failure lua failure" occurs.  This has been since installing the plugin.  I have tried removing the device, reinstalling the plugin, etc.

I'll wait until the next time it fails, and I will copy all version numbers, full list of settings, and as much detail as I can.

I'm having the same issue as you.  Brand New 1832 install with Envisalink 3, everything works through the Envisalink portal, mobile device, but Vera just gives me the same error and my TPI says Offline when logging into the board. 

Any ideas?

Offline silencery

« Reply #997 on: April 19, 2013, 06:22:56 am »
Hmm..

I'm having the same issue as you.  Brand New 1832 install with Envisalink 3, everything works through the Envisalink portal, mobile device, but Vera just gives me the same error and my TPI says Offline when logging into the board. 

Any ideas?

Similar issues started popping up for me today as well, except the envisalink still says TPI online.  Odd since it was running fine for several months.  It's happened two days in a row where it will work fine for a few hours, but eventually show "lua failure lua failure." Any ideas?

Offline Pestus

« Reply #998 on: April 19, 2013, 08:26:53 am »
Very odd.

I take all this to mean you have no manual control of the partition?  You can't arm or disarm anymore?

Rebooting either the alarm panel or the Vera will probably solve it, but that's a poor solution...

I'm at a loss.  My issue seems to have gone away and not come back.

Offline silencery

« Reply #999 on: April 19, 2013, 01:32:56 pm »
Yup, strange indeed.  No control of the partion nor inputs from any of the devices.  Particularly problematic since a lot of our Vera scenes are triggered by the DSCs door/motion sensors.

Rebooting the 3DS (and subsequently vera) always fixes the issue, but yeah, like you said, it's not a solution.  I'll post back with more details and logs if it happens again.

Offline ozorowsky

« Reply #1000 on: May 24, 2013, 05:54:31 pm »
Does anyone have a clue why my envisalink won't disarm in UI5 under devices tab?

I am under devices, stay and arm seem to work, but when I click disarm nothing happens UNLESS I click the wrench put in the code and disarm from there.

I followed the setup instructions, and I listed disarm under enableremotearm.

Any help on what I am missing?

Offline Pestus

« Reply #1001 on: May 24, 2013, 06:22:29 pm »
ozorowsky,

Yah inorite?  I think it's probably because these alarm devices don't have "Quick" disarm features, similar to their quick arm modes.  Not having to put in a pin to disarm somewhat defeats the purpose of having an alarm to begin with.

When dealing with scenes, just be sure that under the advanced view, the disarm command also has your alarm code in it.  To deal with this for cell phone control, I just wrote a scene with no trigger that just what I'm proposing.

Short answer, I don't think you can disarm without a code in Vera, because you certainly can't do it on the alarm proper.

Is this addressing your question?

Offline ozorowsky

« Reply #1002 on: May 25, 2013, 07:08:11 am »
ozorowsky,

Yah inorite?  I think it's probably because these alarm devices don't have "Quick" disarm features, similar to their quick arm modes.  Not having to put in a pin to disarm somewhat defeats the purpose of having an alarm to begin with.

When dealing with scenes, just be sure that under the advanced view, the disarm command also has your alarm code in it.  To deal with this for cell phone control, I just wrote a scene with no trigger that just what I'm proposing.

Short answer, I don't think you can disarm without a code in Vera, because you certainly can't do it on the alarm proper.

Is this addressing your question?

Got it thanks! I was missing adding the pin to the advanced menu.

Offline pricebn

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #1003 on: November 24, 2013, 10:17:33 am »
Help Please!!

I have installed the Envisalink board and the DSC plugin in Vera UI5.  My alarm is a DSC PC1616.  I have also registered in EyesOn site as well and this appears to be working fine.  All of the items seem to be installed in Vera correctly, DSC Alarm Panel, Partition, and zones.  It reports in Vera the current status of the DSC panel correctly. 

Problem
When I try to arm or disarm in Vera, I get this error "Invalid Service".
I have rebooted the LUUP several times and unplugged Vera as well.

Offline ih8gates

« Reply #1004 on: November 24, 2013, 10:27:00 am »
Do you have "EnableRemoteArm" set? Set it to "arm" to allow remote arming, "disarm" to allow both remote arm and disarm. The latter is less secure.