Author Topic: Vera support!!??  (Read 536 times)

Offline Peren

• Sr. Newbie
Vera support!!??
« on: October 18, 2017, 05:33:30 pm »
My Vera lost its configuration.

I wonder how Vera can have so bad support experiance.
Now I have hade a couple of support cases on the same problem. Not for that they fix the problem in between but because they start looking at the problem and than the stop communicating. Not even after repetadly asking on status they answer. If you start a new case same thing happens they star working on it ask you a question and then it's dead on the communication....

:'( :'( :'( :'(
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 05:35:58 pm by Peren »

Offline gniknalu

Re: Vera support!!??
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 06:00:11 pm »
What model? How long have you had it? Does restoring from a back-up work? (Mine backs up every day at 9:45 PM)

My Vera lost its configuration.

I wonder how Vera can have so bad support experiance.
Now I have hade a couple of support cases on the same problem. Not for that they fix the problem in between but because they start looking at the problem and than the stop communicating. Not even after repetadly asking on status they answer. If you start a new case same thing happens they star working on it ask you a question and then it's dead on the communication....

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:39:40 am »
While no less apocryphal, my experience this week was different.

My vera plus had an issue Monday when I was recabling my entertainment system. I had a local backup, but it was a couple weeks old and this weekend I installed several new devices and did some other changes I didn't want to lose.

I put in a ticket, got the email to turn on remote access, and today my machine is back with all the new changes. The vera had semi-recovered on its own and reconnected to the devices, but lost scenes, rooms, and plug ins. Probably would have been fixed  faster but I couldn't get to the vera until late evening.

Offline Peren

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 11:11:14 am »
Is a VeraPlus I had for a year now.
Yes it backsup. But all reboots and days that have passed I don't se a backup that is before the problem.
But the is still problems with it before I can do a restore and every time they started working on it we have done one or two thing then I don't hear from them.

We have now another scheduled call and I am really hoping we will solve the problem this time......

Offline Peren

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 11:12:32 am »
.... and if we solve it that they from their side have access to more backups so I can do a restore....

Offline Sorin M.

• Administrator
    • getvera.com
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:47:56 pm »
Hello Peren,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your setup. Having issues with Vera unit is not something caused by support, support is the solution :)

Customer Care team is there to help and they will not step aside when it comes to any kind of hard work, or push anything under the rug. We have phone calls ranging from 15 minutes to 2 hours, until we make sure everything is sorted when session is closed.

Yes, sometimes things might not go as easy and fast as initially thought. But they will do their best every time nonetheless.

Hope everything ends well.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 02:50:45 pm by John M. »
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline Peren

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 12:06:56 pm »
And again my Vera Plus stopped working!

The house is quit dark an no sensors working.

Same issue as last time it seem at first look. No connection to service and no local access.
Mailed support yesterday but no response.

(Maybe I remember it wrong but aren't you suppose to get a auto replay from support so you know they have recived it? did get any this time tried to register case today also but no auto email...)

Offline Peren

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 04:56:50 am »
I did get some help to get it online agin 1,5 week again that was good. The bad thing was that z-wavw network was ok for sending commands but I noticed a couple of days later that no scen could be edited in controller and no add or delete of z-wave devices. The solution from support was to reset z-wave network.

When I was supposed to reset the network the controller started to answer that it was busy was you were trying to enter the menu. Support wanted me to reset network by clicking the reset button 3 quik times as solution has been when it docent connect to service.

After that I'm left again with a dark house where noting in my vera works it isn't accessible on local network, nothing.

AND no response from support again.

I'll give it a last try then I can't hold it back any more. (I know what the coming podcast episode will be about...., I have to warn everybody else)

Please If anybody has a good solution for me or to the support...

Offline jbfoster

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 09:42:51 pm »
Feel lucky you even got a response. I contacted Support several times last year. They are not consistent. They took over a week to answer my support ticket. They did once, email the next day but then the next email took several days. Twice they never responded at all.

Jim