Author Topic: UI5 holdover, time to go to UI7  (Read 1595 times)

Offline robk

Re: UI5 holdover, time to go to UI7
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 03:00:05 pm »
NO and YES/NO you can upgrade your Vera 3 to UI7 ... but if you move to the newer Veras you need to start over.!
Thanks Richard.
Only reason I was looking at the upgrade was for better support of home assistant.  Pleg does all I need but it's the deeper integrations which are getting tricky that drove me to Haas.

Is ui7 on vera3 worth the hassle otherwise?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Online wilme2

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 04:38:22 pm »
I finally made the switch from Vera3/UI5 to VeraSecrus/UI7 and am happy so far.  A few issues, one of which took me a whole day to figure out, but now it is up and stable - in fact it seems to rarely reload the Luup engine, compared to the nightly reload associated with the UI5 nighly heal.  In fact, that is why I wanted to upgrade to UI7 - I was tired of things not working, or being real, real slow, between 2am and 4am every night.  I am usually asleep during this time - but if I am NOT then I want my HA system working perfectly...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline Mai Pensato

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2018, 02:05:11 pm »
You might talk to Vera Support.
They have a Z-Wave chip firmware update that I am testing with on my Plus  ...
That solved many of my Z-Wave problems.

The Z-Wave version is 4.61 L:1  (Settings - Z-Wave settings)

Hi Richard,  what problems did this new z-wave chip firmware exactly solve for you ?

And Sorin M, when can we expect the official roll out of this new firmware ?