Author Topic: OpenTherm Gateway plugin  (Read 61957 times)

Offline reneboer

Re: OpenTherm Gateway plugin
« Reply #270 on: May 28, 2017, 08:28:39 am »
Thanks for the update. Keep me posted. It will be a few weeks until I have the time to publish anything anyhow.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

bartandeweg

« Reply #271 on: May 29, 2017, 02:44:40 am »
For me, just as Fabstar81 says, the same happened. The Gateway is quite stable at the moment and does not loose the connection anymore. Nevertheless. I will update the plugin asap and monitor its behaviour.

Offline fabstar81

« Reply #272 on: July 17, 2017, 03:42:50 pm »
For me, just as Fabstar81 says, the same happened. The Gateway is quite stable at the moment and does not loose the connection anymore. Nevertheless. I will update the plugin asap and monitor its behaviour.

hey Bart, how is this going so far? i can confirm it's stability so far, which is very positive.

Offline tyfoon

« Reply #273 on: January 05, 2018, 04:17:37 pm »
@reneboer: I have moved to HomeAssistant (HASS) as my main automation hub but for some devices (like OTG) I still use Vera. Hass has a strong integration with Vera which makes live easy.

HASS also sees thermostats. In my case some Danfoss stuff, floor heating for bathroom and your OTG plugin.

However it seems that your implementation does not 100% 'conform' to the Vera thermostat 'conventions'. Most works fine (in HASS), but the most crucial one to set the target temperature does not seem to work (so when I set it in HASS it does not end up in Vera correctly but when I set it in Vera it shows correctly in Hass.

A thermostat that works in HASS has 'SetpointTarget', 'CurrentSetpoint', 'CurrentSetpoint Heat'

Your plugin only has: 'CurrentSetpoint Heat' and  'CurrentSetpoint'.

I seems (although not sure and only based on analyses above) its caused by the missing 'SetpointTarget' variable which seems crucial. Is there any way you can add this to the plugin?

Offline reneboer

« Reply #274 on: January 06, 2018, 01:19:29 pm »
Hi tyfoon,

I will have a look as I also have some issues with this I found out recently.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline tyfoon

« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2018, 12:26:39 pm »
Ok, cool!