Author Topic: New Alexa Routine function issue - Not supported yet per Vera  (Read 2641 times)

Offline otakup0pe

Re: New Alexa Routine function issue - Not supported yet per Vera
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 02:05:17 am »
I think I mentioned in another similar topic, not sure how I missed this one,  :D

V3 Api Alexa Skill is work in progress as we speak. We have enough on our plates for these holidays but we should be back on track early 2018

Awesome to hear, can't wait for the beta! Have a great holiday and don't work too hard over it...

Offline otakup0pe

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 12:53:41 pm »
Hey uhh so this seems to be kinda working now? At least, the devices and scenes are showing up as supported. Gonna try it out tonight...

Interestingly enough some scenes are missing. Is there any filtering going on here? I see my "good night" scene in the Smart Home section, but when trying to browse under routines it is missing.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:58:53 pm by otakup0pe »

Offline otakup0pe

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 02:33:10 pm »
Figured out why my scenes were missing... Vera seems to have classified one of the Zooz outlets I use to control power to our Echo's as a garage door - a prohibited device. Once I sorted that out, I was able to add a scene to a routine! Interestingly enough, that only worked once, around noon PDT yesterday. Today, I'm not even able to add the same scene to another routine, although it's still showing up in the first one...

Offline Fryswatter

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 01:14:39 pm »
Anybody out there looking to know when lighting control through the Alexa application would be enabled, check control of your lighting within the "Smarthome" section of the Alexa application. It's finally available, at least for me.  :D Controlling scenes within the "Routines" section is still not available, however you can now create a "Routine" by adding as many individual devices as you like to the "action" of your "Routine"!!! This gives you the ability to give a custom command to turn on or off devices or a device with the addition of some other Alexa functionalities  8)

Offline adamhay

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 09:09:09 am »
A useful new Alexa option. I seem to have devices supported and some scenes but not Vera ones.

Useful nevertheless and will be more so when scenes are fully supported. In another thread I wanted to turn off all my lights by using a Turn Off command for a scene or "Run" scene X as it is strange now Turning  On something you want to go off. Even better now though I have a routine in which I say "Alexa Go dark" and then have listed all the devices to turn off. At the end Alexa then says "Good night" back to me. In future I will just make the Routine run the relevant Vera scene

Offline otakup0pe

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 08:37:36 pm »
This seems to be working for scenes now! Quite excited.

Offline shady.hamilton

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 02:23:21 am »
anybody is facing a very looooong pause before executing the scene on this new supported scenes? sometimes up to 30 seconds

Offline MaxxCorp

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 08:45:00 pm »
I had trouble getting Alexa to see devices that I added to Vera after I had done my initial setup. I found out that I needed to Disable the Skill in the Alexa App and then Re-Enable it and it would then detect all my devices. Havent setup scenes yet, but you might try this and let me know.

THANKS

Offline jbonzey

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2018, 10:04:15 am »
Has the Alexa routine functionality been implemented yet?

Offline Fryswatter

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2018, 11:29:29 am »
Has the Alexa routine functionality been implemented yet?

Yes

Offline jbonzey

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2018, 01:14:07 pm »
Thanks fryswatter .  Just to verify before I change things - Vera scenes are supported within the Alexa routines and not just devices?

Thanks !!!!!

Offline Fryswatter

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2018, 01:39:22 pm »
Thanks fryswatter .  Just to verify before I change things - Vera scenes are supported within the Alexa routines and not just devices?

Thanks !!!!!

That is correct, Vera scenes are supported in Alexa routines. However, I haven't tried a mixture of devices and a scene in the Alexa routine. Can't imagine why that wouldn't work, but why bother unless it's a non-zwave device that Alexa can control and not Vera.