Author Topic: Thermostat controled via temperature sensor  (Read 598 times)

Offline emmerce

Thermostat controled via temperature sensor
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:54:38 am »
Hello all,
is there any option to use external temperature sensor (Aeotec Multisensor 6) to control status of thermostat TKB TZ10.36?
Now I can use only temperature sensor from TKB (inside it or external via cable), but I want to use temperature from Multisensor.

Did anyone do that?

Kind regards!

Offline cw-kid

Re: Thermostat controled via temperature sensor
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 05:26:27 am »
Hi

Don't know the answer to your question, but does the TKB TZ10.36 electric underfloor thermostat work well with Vera?

Think I will buy one soon, I assume it can be fully controlled with schedule on the wall thermostat itself.

But what controls do you also get in the Vera system?

Thanks.

Offline poordom

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 12:45:42 pm »
Hello all,
is there any option to use external temperature sensor (Aeotec Multisensor 6) to control status of thermostat TKB TZ10.36?
Now I can use only temperature sensor from TKB (inside it or external via cable), but I want to use temperature from Multisensor.

Did anyone do that?

Kind regards!

Good afternoon CW-KID,

You should be able to use the temperature sensor from the Aeotec via Vera and control your  TKB TZ10.36, from Vera.

Dom

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 11:58:17 pm »
Yes but probably not the way you expect.

What you will need to do is set up scenes that trigger on the aeotec temp that modify the thermostat target temps.

You probably need a couple of scenes.
Make house warmer
House is warm enough
Make house colder
House is cold enough

The "enough" scenes reset the thermostat to it's normal settings.
The make warmer/colder change the target temps. I wouldn't go crazy and set them to like 50/90, but instead go to the far extend of your comfort envelope, like 62/78.

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 07:38:23 am »
Hi guys

I would probably just use the temperature probe wire that is already under the tiled floor and connect that to the TKB TZ10.36 Thermostat.

I don't think I'd want to use the temperature from another Z-Wave device like the Aeotec Multi sensor to control the TKB thermostat?

And then as you say maybe create some scenes in Vera to override the TKB thermostats internal program when required.

Thanks

Offline cw-kid

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 07:40:16 am »
I've seen the TKB thermostat for sale on AliExpress for like ?40 which is much cheaper than at Vesternet where they are ?70 etc.
So thinking of purchasing one soon for my existing electric Warm-Up underfloor heating.