Author Topic: Sengled Element Plus White Adjustment Working *Somewhat  (Read 90 times)

Offline Nameless

Sengled Element Plus White Adjustment Working *Somewhat
« on: November 05, 2017, 01:40:19 pm »
My Sengled hub has terrible range and when moving 1 bulb to my 2nd story, it lost connection to the lighting hub on my 1st floor. Fairly pathetic. I'd paired one of these bulbs to my Vera Plus in the past, but ended up removing it because the white hue adjustment wasn't available.

Today, I decided to try it again, not really caring about that adjustment. I paired it like an Osram bulb just to try something different than the generic Zigbee bulb. Vera found and connected to it in only 1 second. It recognized it was generic and assigned it D_DimmableLight1 for the xml and json files, though. The light works perfectly for turning it on and off.

Here's the weird thing, the dimming feature works, but the color changes after moving beyond 80%! I found that I have nearly the same white hue adjustment using the Vera Plus as I do when pairing it to the Sengled hub. Now I know that Vera is not supposed to be able to control hue on these bulbs or any Zigbee bulb at the moment, but it is sorta working for me. If I leave the bulb below 80% it will set to Edison. Slightly above 80% moves it to warm white. Moving it all the way to 100% gives me full on space shuttle white light, but not any brighter than at the 80% setting.

This oddity is giving me hope that maybe there is some true hue adjustment available for these bulbs running through the Vera hub. Any ideas how someone might be able to purposely control the hue adjustment, knowing it somehow is working? I should note I haven't upgraded to the latest firmware and currently use 1.7.2935.

Offline cybrmage

Re: Sengled Element Plus White Adjustment Working *Somewhat
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 04:15:22 pm »
The Vera firmware does not support the Zigbee clusters required for Color Temperature or RGB color control of a bulb.

The effect you are describing sounds more like a bug in the firmware of the bulb.. Or it could be a deliberate strategy to increase the lumen output of the bulb at high brightness levels... (daylight at full brightness gives more lumen output than warm white at full brightness)
EVL3Vista - Wink Connect - Caseta Connect - Venstar Colortouch - WiFi UDP Switch Controller - Broadlink RM - MyQGateway

Offline Nameless

Re: Sengled Element Plus White Adjustment Working *Somewhat
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 05:40:39 pm »
The Vera firmware does not support the Zigbee clusters required for Color Temperature or RGB color control of a bulb.

The effect you are describing sounds more like a bug in the firmware of the bulb.. Or it could be a deliberate strategy to increase the lumen output of the bulb at high brightness levels... (daylight at full brightness gives more lumen output than warm white at full brightness)

Thanks for the reply. I just realized that this bulb was not on the same (newest) firmware like my other bulbs. This particular bulb has also had some dimming bugs at times where the dimming rate would change when not prompted.

The lumen output theory sounds quite possible as well. I'm going to try to test it against some of my other Sengled bulbs to see if they'll reach the same brightness level. I'm now thinking the bulb hooked to Vera is never reaching the same intensity levels as the others.