Author Topic: Danfoss LC 13 not always working. Please help.  (Read 84 times)

Offline col8eral

Danfoss LC 13 not always working. Please help.
« on: November 08, 2017, 12:55:25 pm »
I have the above referenced Danfoss device and seem to be having trouble and would appreciate your help and advice.

I have installed as per the provided instructions. However when I change the temperature set point the radiator does not always respond. If I change the set point from 24 to 28 for example, the radiator doesn?t get hotter even when the temperature in the room is 20.

I have noticed that after installation the unit sits tightly on the  valve.  After a period this becomes loose and the unit can be swiveled easily.  If I reinstall the value (i.e., by pressing the dot until flashing M then pressing  dot  again unil the spindle withdraws and then pressing dot again until the spindle re calibrates.) it becomes tight again and the set points will change the temperature again as they should.

The unit has been installed using the supplied m30 adapter.

Why would it loose its calibration after a day or so.  I don't want to have to re-set the until all the time.

Many thanks in advance

note.  The unit is 014G0013

Offline Cor

Re: Danfoss LC 13 not always working. Please help.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 01:06:03 pm »
Got them same issues.

What I did is:
-Remove batteries , exchange them for a 3V 2A trafo.
-Wake up intervall 600
-poll: 0

Make a scene: setpoint, 20 degrees. 11minutes later  again 20 degrees as a Backup.
Make more scenes as appropriate.

This works almost flawless for me.

Cor

Offline col8eral

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:35:53 pm »
Thank you.

Can I ask what a 3V 2A trafo is?  Perhaps post a link?

Do you think the supplied batteries are not powerful enough?

Many thanks

Offline Cor

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 03:22:53 pm »
No , the batteries are powerfull enough , but when you change the wakeup intervall to 1/3 what they are now , they will be empty very rapidly.

For me it looks like the wake up interval of 30 minutes is way too long , and when it is send , it often looks like when vera polls the Thermostat , it goes back to the setpoint it had first. Although I am not 100% sure If I am right . This work around  seems to work now about 95% of the time.
-Wake up interval: 600 ( every 10 minutes , but will drain the battery , hence the converter from mains to 3volts).
-Poll: 0 (never)
-Scene: setpoint , and repeat after 11 minutes as a backup.

A 3V,2A trafo , a converter , from mains to 3volts.
https://www.ebay.de/itm/Steckernetzteil-alle-Modelle-5-5mm-Hohlstecker-Netzteil-Schaltnetzteil-Trafo/351218451793?hash=item51c6404551:m:mNUnHiXiGBrF80qi8IO2iDQ

But you can first always try with batteries.

Cor