Author Topic: Geofence Issues After Upgrading to iOS 11  (Read 52 times)

Offline agoodman82

Geofence Issues After Upgrading to iOS 11
« on: November 08, 2017, 09:49:27 pm »
Is anyone else experiencing issues with VeraMate after updating to iOS 11?

Before I updated, my geofences were working properly regardless if the VeraMate app was open or closed. Now however under iOS 11, if the VeraMate app isn't working and running in the background, my geofences no longer function. I have enabled VeraMate to use location services and the app refresh is active for it to run in the background, but geofences still won't function unless I actually have the app open. This now occurs with both my iPhone 8 and my wife's iPhone 8 Plus both running iOS 11.

Any ideas?

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
Re: Geofence Issues After Upgrading to iOS 11
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 08:32:08 pm »
I cannot help with the geofencing but I have been using iPhone Locator for years. Vera communicates directly with your iCloud account to ping the phone and is software independent. To add a second phone, add a device and configure it with the second iCloud account.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.