Author Topic: Neo Coolcam motion sensor: cannot change variables  (Read 5253 times)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
Re: Neo Coolcam motion sensor: cannot change variables
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2018, 07:42:36 am »
I contacted support and they showed me a way to manually change the implementation files and the category of the main parent device, to change it from being a Generic IO device to being a Motion Sensor device.

The child motion sensor device is then hidden from the GUI as its not needed.

On the parent device, the one with the on/off button and the battery status, go to Advanced and then in to the Params tab. Change the following items.

1. device_type from urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:GenericIO:1 to urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:MotionSensor:1

2. device_file from D_GenericIO1.xml to D_MotionSensor1.xml

3. category_num from 11 to 4

4. subcategory_num from 0 to 3

5. device_json from D_GenericIO1.json to D_MotionSensor1.json

You'll need to edit any existing Vera scenes or PLEG logic to point to the parent device instead of the child one. Also you will need to check the Vera Dashboard - Configure My Preset Modes - Choose sensors to arm, area to ensure the arm / disarm modes are set correctly for the parent device, for the child device I set them all to disarm and then I hid the device.

To then hide the child motion sensor device from the Vera web GUI go to Apps - Develop Apps - Edit Startup Lua and add a line of code, where the device number (100) is that of the child motion sensor device.

luup.attr_set("invisible","1",100)

I now have the battery status showing on the motion sensor device in the Imperihome app as a result of the changes. I had to remove my initial dashboard widget and select the parent device instead to add a new widget again.

If you look at my previous Imperihome screen shot on the previous forum page you will notice when I initially added the child motion sensor device there was no battery status showing in the app for that device. On this new screen shot the battery status is now present as I am using the modified parent motion sensor device on the Imperihome dashboard page instead.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:57:33 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2018, 07:51:39 am »
Attached are my current parameter settings for this Neo Coolcam motion sensor device.

Parameter number 10 with 1 byte dec and a value of 0 is meant to turn off the red light on the sensor when motion is detected.

I have set this however the red light still comes on, anyone else confirm this also ?

Thanks

10.​ ​Led​ ​Blink​ ​Enable  This​ ​parameter​ ​defines​ ​the​ ​Led​ ​on/off​ ​enable.​ ​If​ ​this​ ​parameter​ ​is​ ​set​ ​to​ ​'1',​ ​the​ ​led​ ​blink  will​ ​be​ ​enabled,​ ​the​ ​led​ ​will​ ​blink​ ​once​ ​when​ ​motion​ ​sensor​ ​detect​ ​a​ ​movement.  Otherwise,​ ​the​ ​led​ ​will​ ​be​ ​turned​ ​off​ ​always.  Function:​ ​​Led​ ​Blink​ ​Enable  Parameter​ ​Number:​ ​​10  Parameter​ ​Size:​ ​​1​ ​Byte
Available​ ​Settings​:​ ​0,​ ​1 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:53:13 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2018, 08:13:22 am »
Also worth noting you don't need to add / pair this Neo Coolcam motion sensor device to Vera by selecting the "Dome Motion Detector with Light Sensor DMMS1" device.

You can just add it as a Generic Z-Wave device as it makes no difference.

Either way you need to modify the parent device as I described earlier.

Offline riochicken

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2018, 10:03:07 am »
Excellent info! Thanks! Any idea what the different settings mean?! I know 10 is for turning the LED off, which works flawlessly, the rest is in the documentation but doesn't seem to be accurate... 1 seems to be for the sensitivity of the PIR, but when I add it and change it to 3 instead of 2 it gives an error, according to the manual it should be between 1 and 4, current setting shows 12... :/

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2018, 10:19:28 am »
All the parameter settings are covered in the user manual. I have parameter number 1 set to a value of 22 for the motion sensitivity, see my screen shot above.

Parameter number 10 didn't seem to work for me and turn the red light off, I will try it again.

Offline treetop777

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 06:06:19 pm »
Very good information!  Especially reply #15.  Thanks very much.

Offline fbrown

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 06:21:23 pm »
I have one of these and cannot get it to pair at all. Tried all the various instructions I could find, as Dome sensor, as Generic Z-wave, followed manual and factory reset, any variation I could come up with and no joy.  Is there another trick I am not smart enough to understand?

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 03:26:25 pm »
I have one of these and cannot get it to pair at all. Tried all the various instructions I could find, as Dome sensor, as Generic Z-wave, followed manual and factory reset, any variation I could come up with and no joy.  Is there another trick I am not smart enough to understand?

It should pair just fine, have you got the motion sensor moved closer to the Vera units location when trying to pair ?

Also sometimes in the past with brand new Z-Wave devices, I've had to exclude them first before I could include them.
Not sure about how to do this on a Vera Edge / Plus though. On the VeraLite there was a minus button on the unit I'd press.

All the motion sensor user manual says about excluding is:

Remove​ ​Motion​ ​Detector​ ​from​ ​Z‐Wave​ ​Network 
1.​ ​Remove​ ​the​ ​device​ ​cover. 
2.​ ​Make​ ​sure​ ​the​ ​sensor​ ​is​ ​powered. 
3.​ ​Set​ ​Z‐Wave​ ​controller​ ​or​ ​Z‐Wave​ ​gateway​ ​into​ ​remove​ ​mode​ ​(Refer​ ​to​ ​the​ ​controller​ ​or  gateway​ ​operating​ ​manual) 
4.​ ​Press​ ​the​ ​button​ ​three​ ​times​ ​within​ ​1.5​ ​second​ ​to​ ​make​ ​the​ ​controller​ ​in​ ​remove​ ​mode. 

Offline fbrown

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 10:00:06 pm »
I have been working with the sensor less than three feet from the VeraPlus controller.
Went through the steps as you posted, although I had tried that before, gave it another shot. No joy.
The sensor appears to act like the manual says it should, and I believe the VeraPlus is also acting correctly, just can't get them to play together.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2018, 10:20:33 am »
Perhaps the sensor is faulty then? Where did you purchase it from?

I bought mine from the official Neo Coolcam store on AliExpress.com

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:22:58 am by cw-kid »

Offline fbrown

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2018, 11:09:09 am »
I am in contact with the vendor and expect I will be returning the sensor

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2018, 01:49:46 am »
I have been working with the sensor less than three feet from the VeraPlus controller.
Went through the steps as you posted, although I had tried that before, gave it another shot. No joy.
The sensor appears to act like the manual says it should, and I believe the VeraPlus is also acting correctly, just can't get them to play together.

I had the same issue and after lots of wasted time trying to figure it out, I realized that I ordered the UK version which is not compatible with the US controller as they are on different frequencies.

Offline ojovilla

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2018, 11:21:55 am »
Thanks , anything I need to configure in terms of Vera since I am not sure the light sensor is working as it shows the same number all the time.

Thanks,
Nir Gal

Any luck with the light sensor value ? I have the same unit as yours, I believe the manual says value 99 for calibrating the light values but I am playing with it with no results.

Offline souly75

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2018, 02:05:21 am »
Hello folks,
I use this sensor quite some time now but since yesterday it is tripped permanently.
The battery level is around 90% so I don't think the fault is there.
What I did with no help is:
-exclude, reset and include again...same problem after some hours.
Later I will try to change the sensitivity but it's crazy that it worked fine until yesterday...
I made an update for my Vera edge as well but the tripping started before.
Any ideas?
Best wishes, Doreen

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2018, 02:16:16 pm »
Hello folks,
I use this sensor quite some time now but since yesterday it is tripped permanently.
The battery level is around 90% so I don't think the fault is there.
What I did with no help is:
-exclude, reset and include again...same problem after some hours.
Later I will try to change the sensitivity but it's crazy that it worked fine until yesterday...
I made an update for my Vera edge as well but the tripping started before.
Any ideas?
Best wishes, Doreen

Assume you have taken the battery out of it for 30 seconds and put it back in again ?