Author Topic: Finally giving up and off to Homeseer  (Read 262 times)

Offline TheRedPill

Finally giving up and off to Homeseer
« on: November 11, 2017, 04:29:18 pm »
So after losing all confidence in MCV adding support for new devices in a timely period and with my Vera having persistent unreliability, including at some critical times such as during an attempted break in, when certain things did not fire to scare them off as they should, I have decided to take advantage of black friday deals and pushed the button on HS3. Already have a PC running Blue Iris so no hardware costs except Z-wave interface. Looks like i need 4 paid plugins so all in its going to set me back about 50 quid extra, by the time I sell the 2 Veras. First impressions are mostly good. Its taken me about 2-3 hrs to get set up and get my head around it, including building some complex logic that took me many hours to work out in Vera with PLEG. The bad - the UI is ugly as sin! I think Homeseer should be ashamed of themselves... but it is simple and logical and just works. How it is that Vera still doesnt have a simple if/then/else logic built in, I really struggle to understand. PLEG is a great workaround, but its not the same. Being able to easily create and manage conditions, timers, counters, virtual devices, all natively and include them in events is just so much easier.
Anyway, Vera got me into Home automation and I have a lot of love for it and this community, I just cant wait any longer for a stable environment or device support, so I wish everyone all the best and hopefully one day this will be my platform of choice again.

Thanks

Offline jaccord

Re: Finally giving up and off to Homeseer
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 06:46:51 pm »
I came here today to write the same thing.  Took advantage of the 1/2 off sale at Homeseer and spent the weekend updating two Vera installations to Homeseer.  Only been a few days, but it's infinitely more comprehensive and reliable.

Now to unload my old Vera equipment somewhere.

Offline integlikewhoa

• Master Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:35:10 pm »
Welcome

Offline farfromuman

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 10:26:03 pm »
I just got Homeseer as well, last Vera firmware had to be rolled back and currently can?t add any devices -  very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk