Author Topic: Assistance needed with GC100 and SQRemote integration  (Read 4616 times)

Offline smarttechnology

Assistance needed with GC100 and SQRemote integration
« on: January 01, 2011, 10:45:20 am »
Hi John. personally I am loving the software, I posted a few improvements on your website yesterday that I think would really enhance it's usage but am happy to leave feedback though. I know you obviously want to sell your puck but is there not a way that the Global Cache owners out there can use the software with their devices?  
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 03:47:10 pm by guessed »

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
Re: Contact Request! - Looking for user "i&iPhone"
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 03:14:06 pm »
If your [GC100] IR Devices are "registered" with Vera then the SQRemote app will pick them up, and let you map the commands to Buttons (etc).  So it's possible, but a somewhat long-winded process to create/setup IR Devices within Vera (using the GC100 etc).  Typically this relies upon Vera "knowing" about the types of [IR] Devices you use, as it has a fairly small catalog of Pronto codes, or "hand building" the device files (@strangely has posted an example in the forums).

Anyhow, it can be done, it just takes a long time to get them setup correctly - especially if you have a lot of unique IR device types.  Ultimately it'll come down to how much you value your time.  Personally, I use a combo of the SQBlaster and hand-built [MiOS] Plugins for my devices - both being controlled seamlessly by the SQRemote.  In my case, my Custom Plugins control the devices over Serial, or Ethernet, and use the same [MiOS] Interfaces it uses for IR-based Plugins (which is why SQRemote can see them, since it looks for them within your MiOS unit)

Offline smarttechnology

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 04:00:49 pm »
The only annoying thing I have found is that you can only use scene's though is this correct? This is somewhat limiting as you can only therefore use square or rectangle buttons. All the nicer button interfaces will only appear allow them to be bonded with a puck..... This can't be right.... Is it?

Regards
Simon

Offline guessed

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 04:13:27 pm »
The SQRemote see's not only Scenes, and ZWave devices, but also all "IR" Devices that are registered within MiOS (Vera).  In UI4, use the "Add/Remove Devices" Dialog (+) and it'll prompt you to enter some details to create a MiOS Device corresponding to the IR thing you want to control.

Again the catalog that MiOS supports is smaller than that of SQRemote, so you may not find your device if it's not "common".

Anyhow, once created you can "restart" SQRemote and it will see these as well (just as it sees ZWave Devices, and Scenes), except that they can be attached during to any of the Media buttons.  Typically these won't be seen until SQRemote is restarted, as that's where it's reading device defn's.

Offline smarttechnology

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 05:53:31 pm »
Hi thanks very much for responding, I am a little lost though and need some assistance, I have been into ui4 and indeed the mios marketplace and installed the gc100 plugin, this then creates a Multi IO device that from what I can see you just enter the ip address.

I can not find on the ui4 an option to add or remove devices and therefore am a little stuck and sq does not see this io device

Offline smarttechnology

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 07:01:49 pm »
Please ignore my last entry..... I am getting somewhere now

Offline smarttechnology

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 02:49:12 pm »
John can you please shed some light on what I might have wrong in the following and why SQ might shut down and need restarting.

everything is ok and works well in test but I have the following issue.

When adding an IR device in UI4 I can select the type and manufacture and even test some codes but then Vera gives me an error like "luup unable to download files"

I got arround this but using some other files as templates and have created my own file for the particular amplifier I am using. This works about 95%.

Some of the entries in the I_ ***.xml file are not on the device list in SQ and when I assign 2 of the commands (out of about 10) to a button in SQ the SQ decides to close and no output from iTach is given can you help please?

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 03:37:10 pm »
@smarttechnology,

John is traveling to CES this week, and so might not see this for a while.

Can you raise a ticket on http://www.squareconnect.com/ticket/index.php. That way it will get into our 'inbox', and one of our developers can take a look and see what is going on.

Please give as much information as possible on your setup and what you have tried.

Regards,

Mat

Offline guessed

• Master Member
Re: Assistance needed with GC100 and SQRemote integration
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:36 pm »
Since this topic had strayed from the original posting, I split it, and re-titled the original post.

Offline smarttechnology

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 06:21:44 pm »
Thanks Mat, I have opened a ticket.

Regards
Simon

Offline Dano87

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 11:25:26 am »
Will SQRemote be able to control (including scenes) from the LAN without going through MOIS servers?  If so, will all the scenes created in UI be available or will you need to create scenes for this application?  How about UI plug-ins that are used within the UI scenes?  In other words, can I get full functionality of control using SQRemote over just the local LAN?

Offline SquareConnectMat

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 04:12:32 pm »
Dano87,

When SQRemote is 'local' on the LAN to your Mios/vera, then it communicates directly to the Vera unit and does not go via the Mios servers.

Mat