Author Topic: Vera skill Canada?  (Read 4998 times)

Offline gleech

Re: Vera skill Canada?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2017, 12:27:48 pm »
I was able to sign up for the Vera Beta skill and download the skill that way in Canada.  Its not perfect but its good enough until Canadian release. 

I also appreciate the honesty of the Vera team with regards to the Vera Control skill release date for Canada.  I am confident they will release a refined skill, but it would be nice to have a more exact date than Q1 of 2018.

Could you give some steps how to do that? I try to login to alexa.amazon.com but get redirected to amazon.ca

Go there and sign-up for the beta

http://getvera.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=ac78fb944aeae20acd80c2407&id=553f1d6ccb

Waht did you pick on the list. I'm only seeing US and UK flags. No Canadian flags.

Offline destinet

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2017, 12:37:52 pm »
I was able to sign up for the Vera Beta skill and download the skill that way in Canada.  Its not perfect but its good enough until Canadian release. 

I also appreciate the honesty of the Vera team with regards to the Vera Control skill release date for Canada.  I am confident they will release a refined skill, but it would be nice to have a more exact date than Q1 of 2018.

Could you give some steps how to do that? I try to login to alexa.amazon.com but get redirected to amazon.ca

Go there and sign-up for the beta

http://getvera.us7.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=ac78fb944aeae20acd80c2407&id=553f1d6ccb

Waht did you pick on the list. I'm only seeing US and UK flags. No Canadian flags.

Choose us it will work

Offline markoe

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2017, 05:34:43 am »
Hello Folks,

Although we truly wanted to have this ready for Holidays, we have too much on our plate to chew, so we rather not promise anything we cannot deliver in time. The Canadian version of the skill has been pushed to Q1 2018 for development.

Amazon Echo expands to 28 more countries
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/8/16751834/amazon-music-alexa-echo-streaming
Hope you can add those 28 countries also to the plan.

Offline pbrisebois

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 07:34:48 pm »
Do you need to be running ui7? I am currently running ui5. Still waiting for the canadian skill, however would like to try and use ha bridge in the meantime. On another note, are there any posts that show how to set up with ha bridge, one that shows a step by step guide. I tried to find one however the ones I found are confusing and complicated to follow.

Offline MattB

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2017, 03:22:58 pm »
I also wish to use Vera with Alexa in Canada and can't get it to work.

The Beta sign up page keeps giving me an error:

"Please be sure that name fields use alphanumeric characters, commas, dashes, single quotes and periods only"

There is no field for name, just email in the sign up form. Is it a glitch? It is still active?

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2017, 08:10:39 pm »

I bought the Dot with controlling my vera as well.  From what understand reconfiguring for a slightly different language location is not too difficult so let?s hope it happens soon.  I think this kind of integration is key to increasing acceptance and use of home automation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Grwebster

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2017, 08:11:34 pm »
Do you need to be running ui7? I am currently running ui5. Still waiting for the canadian skill, however would like to try and use ha bridge in the meantime. On another note, are there any posts that show how to set up with ha bridge, one that shows a step by step guide. I tried to find one however the ones I found are confusing and complicated to follow.
Pretty sure you need UI7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ryanoc75

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2017, 10:03:51 pm »
You need Ui7 to use the Alexa Skill running on Vera itself.  If you want to use Alexa with UI5 then the ha bridge works really well. 
I was excited about using the Alexa skill on Vera until I read that you can't control any door locks or alarm systems, either directly, or even as part of a scene.  That killed it for me, as many of the scenes I run either involve a door lock, a garage door or the alarm system.   

Thankfully the ha bridge is able to control those devices and run scenes they are included in.  I have it set up on a raspberry pi and the response time is mere seconds. I had it running with our Vera3 and UI5 and when we upgraded to VeraPlus and UI7 I just added  the IP address of the VeraPlus to the bridge.  Everything from the VeraPlus appeared and I just deleted everything for the Vera3.  Now, I have 49 devices/scenes on the bridge that Alexa has "discovered" and she has been able to run all of them flawlessly.  Make sure upnp is running on your router and you assign static IPs to the bridge and alexa.  I found this tutorial that I thought was pretty easy to follow and get set up.

https://blog.titansoft.com.sg/2017/06/25/home-automation-with-amazon-echo-google-home-ha-bridge/
Vera3 2gig Thermostat, Kwickset door lock, DSC Alarm Panel wiznet - IT100, 7 DSC motion Sens 4 DSC 3way sen, 5 DSC door cont,  Aeon HEM pwr mon, Aeon 4in1 multi sens, 8 GE dimmers, 8 GE switches, 15 Intermatic plugs, GC100 Wifi, 2 F/F Sens, 5 HA07 RFremotes, Siri Homekit Bridge 10 Cams, 4 SmrtSwitch

Offline dinkeldorf

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2018, 03:23:08 pm »
Is this still working? I was running the Beta last year.  The I foolishly did a FW upgrade. My "US" dot started playing up before Christmas likely due to release in Canada. It kept my Sonos skill thankfully, however I never bothered verifying if Vera was still good.

Offline Craw

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2018, 09:43:46 am »
Any update on when this will become available the end of the quarter is not far off?  A more specific timeline would also be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Phil

Offline MattB

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2018, 07:49:45 pm »
Yes I agree, any update? The temporary solutions proposed in here haven?t worked and ai don?t want to change my location.

Offline gerlakh

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2018, 11:06:16 am »
Agree with previous post, any updates? First quarter of the year is almost over.

Offline pbrisebois

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2018, 04:59:04 pm »
I've completely given up on getting this Vera Skill. I just got HA Bridge running and I have to say, I am impressed by it and what it can do. I can now turn on/Dim/off lights, Lock doors, Turn on my TV and CPU running Kodi, and I can even set my Thermostat to what temperature I want.....via my Echo Plus, and the best thing, I do not have to upgrade to Ui7, still using Ui5.  Not that hard to use once you get the concept of using HTTP Requests.

Offline jonny9998

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2018, 10:44:55 pm »
Still no plugin in Canada?  This is crazy.  When will it be ready?

Offline jonny9998

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 01:53:48 am »
I posted this question on Vera's Facebook page and this was the reply:

"This is a group effort Vera-Amazon and it's still work in progress. We can't deliver an ETA at the moment.
Thank you for the patience."