Author Topic: iPhone Notification  (Read 175 times)

Offline Home Smart78

iPhone Notification
« on: November 20, 2017, 05:04:36 am »
Hello hoping someone can help me out. How do I make the VERA app send notification to my iPhone. Not a txt or email notification I want the general app notification for instance when the garage door is open notify my phone.

Offline Sorin M.

• Administrator
  • Master Member
    • getvera.com
Re: iPhone Notification
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 07:50:27 am »
If you are using the official VeraMobile app https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/veramobile/id787203434?mt=8 . First you need to make sure the push notifications are enabled from Users & Account Info -> User Info , and make sure you check the box for "Send me push notifications" . Then you can create notifications from scenes or device settings.
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION (Pacific Time Zone, UTC -8 )
Monday - Friday   12:00 am ? 06:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday   04:00 am ? 06:00 pm

Offline Don Phillips

• Worthington Engineering, Inc.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 07:24:42 pm »
I use the plug-in Vera Alerts and the iPhone app VeraMate.  Vera Alerts will push them to your phone pretty quickly.
Vera 3, UI7 1.7.947, CT101 t-stat, Everspring motion detector, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs door sensor, Insteon garage control, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual & Multi Switch, Weather, Sys. Mon.

Offline rlmalisz

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 09:19:36 pm »
Prowl (iPhone app) rules.  I have Vera do a perimeter check before bed, and if there are open garage doors, send a Prowl alert to my iOS devices with an URL-scheme URL and params to invoke a Pythonista script on the phone that sends the commands to Vera to close the doors if I tell it to proceed.

--Richard

Hello hoping someone can help me out. How do I make the VERA app send notification to my iPhone. Not a txt or email notification I want the general app notification for instance when the garage door is open notify my phone.